What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jay G.
    Nice job on the list.
    Updated above post to reflect the changes.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
      I added #15.The Ability to move the graphs around when veiwing live data in graph forum. Apparently this was availible in 10.2 but changed with the 10.4 update We Need this feature back in the New User interface. HIGH PRIORITY FEATURE
      Thisis just one of MANY extremely important high priority features
      10.2 had that is lost now.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

How about like I said, but a little different.

Global user specified pid lists. You name them and all. You could have say "fuel trim" monitoring rpm, maf, o2's, st, lt, map stuff like that. it could be used for any vehicle. The software creates a button and all. Basically naming and saving a "custom" list for use throughout the scanner.

Could have used it today matter of fact.
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TurboJim
          How about like I said, but a little different.

Global user specified pid lists. You name them and all. You could have say "fuel trim" monitoring rpm, maf, o2's, st, lt, map stuff like that. it could be used for any vehicle. The software creates a button and all. Basically naming and saving a "custom" list for use throughout the scanner.

Could have used it today matter of fact.
          I am trying to understand this better...

When you say "Like you said???" Do you mean auto I.D. a vehical??? Are you asking for auto ID with the ability to chose Manufacture specific or Global specific???

I think we all would like to be able to create a custom list of data and save it to use across all car lines.

Comment

• TurboJim
            • Jan 2007

I am trying to understand this better...

When you say "Like you said???" Do you mean auto I.D. a vehical??? Are you asking for auto ID with the ability to chose Manufacture specific or Global specific???

I think we all would like to be able to create a custom list of data and save it to use across all car lines.
            I mentioned either in this thread or another, that it would be nice to be able to create custom data lists that would "stay" on the job you were working on until you undid them, or changed vehicles. And that maybe they could save that datalist in the vehicle info file for recall when you went back to verify the repair for example. I merely went a step further and mentioned making custom data lists that could work globally throughout the tool. ie: on any vehicle you ID'd. It would only be a database change. Not sure how scanner software works as far as the user inputted stuff, but adding a user field or two the the database that stores the data lists cant be that hard. When I said global, I meant to be used on any carline in the machine.
            Jim Testa
            Senior Technician
            Dover, NJ

Comment

• TurboJim
              • Jan 2007

And auto ID would be awesome. Just lift Mode $09 and decode. Should be easy enough. No Mode $09? (ie: older OBD vehicle) Send the user right to the vehicle ID screen.
              Jim Testa
              Senior Technician
              Dover, NJ

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Oh that makes since. It Would be a cool feature. I wonder if it would be possible to integrate a feature like that into the new UI they switched to ???

Great Idea !!! Way to go thinking out side of your box. All we can do is ask. Worse case they say no.

Well SO what do you guys think????

Comment

• Jay G.
                  Administrator
                  • Dec 2006

Oh that makes since. It Would be a cool feature. I wonder if it would be possible to integrate a feature like that into the new UI they switched to ???

Great Idea !!! Way to go thinking out side of your box. All we can do is ask. Worse case they say no.

Well SO what do you guys think????
                  I agree that would be nice, I will add it to your list.

Jay

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jay G.
                    I agree that would be nice, I will add it to your list.

Jay
                    Thanks for chiming in. We like knowing some one is listening.

Comment

• TurboJim
                      • Jan 2007

Oh yea. An easy one. The vehicle report page? Make it so you can edit/input your shop info. That way if you use it as a customer selling tool, they know where they got it from!

Oh, And condense the page to fit on one sheet of paper (unless the vehicle has a bunch of codes of course). Maybe make it so the user can select what fields to include. Shop name/address, customer name address, vehicle info (let us put VIN if we want to BTW), and optional equipment if we choose (AT, MT, posi, DOHC, turbo...whatever helps us identify our work) even if theyre tic boxes that will print the appropriate value on the page. Maybe make it so we can set margins in case we want to print on our own letterhead?

What we dont need is 3 of the same reports based on scanner, component test and information, since they're the same vehicle at one time right? Kinda silly.
                      Last edited by TurboJim; 04-15-2011, 06:14 PM.
                      Jim Testa
                      Senior Technician
                      Dover, NJ

Comment

• TurboJim
                        • Jan 2007

No, your not. I believe Chrysler cars use this on the latest scan tool platform. I Don't work for Snap On nor do I know how easy or difficult it would be with there software.

Right now I personally would be happy just to have the full vin data so it could be saved with log files.

Auto I.D. would be a great feature to have!!! This would definitely speed the process up.
                        BTW, Chrysler has done this since I believe 1996.

As stupid as it may sound. Chrysler has been cutting edge since OBD1, back in the early 80's. Who else had actuator tests back then, in a friggin Reliant K? I know Caddy had them but that wasnt a typical GM, and they werent easy to use. Chryslers were cake. Almost intuitive.

I know this is an old part of the thread, but Just FWIW...
                        Jim Testa
                        Senior Technician
                        Dover, NJ

Comment

• TurboJim
                          • Jan 2007

3. On Verus Plateforum when you pull a code, it gives you the option for more Help. That link takes you directly to Shop Key 5. Not all of us have a subscription. A direct link to trouble shooter would be more helpfull for those of us not using mitchel

How about changeing that option to also Alow you to look in trouble shooter software. HIGH PRIORITY FUNCTION
                          I dont think they can do that SnappyKid. The links to Shopkey's site are anchors within the software, and I doubt the troubleshooter SW is authored like Shopkey. ie: Now P0301 points to that exact code on Mitchell's site.. Say Mitchell.com/codes/p0301 for example. To point that to troubleshooter would require restructuring troubleshooter to have "chapters" or "spots" that could be called out on via a hyperlink. I think that would require a complete rewrite of the troubleshooter part of the software. I could be wrong. Would be a nice feature though.

BTW, I havent looked deep enough maybe....can I switch ShopKey5 to OnDemand5? Its the same company, but my shops user/pw doesnt work on Shopkey...... If you cant, add that to my list :-)
                          Jim Testa
                          Senior Technician
                          Dover, NJ

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Oh yea. An easy one. The vehicle report page? Make it so you can edit/input your shop info. That way if you use it as a customer selling tool, they know where they got it from!

Oh, And condense the page to fit on one sheet of paper (unless the vehicle has a bunch of codes of course). Maybe make it so the user can select what fields to include. Shop name/address, customer name address, vehicle info (let us put VIN if we want to BTW), and optional equipment if we choose (AT, MT, posi, DOHC, turbo...whatever helps us identify our work) even if theyre tic boxes that will print the appropriate value on the page. Maybe make it so we can set margins in case we want to print on our own letterhead?

What we dont need is 3 of the same reports based on scanner, component test and information, since they're the same vehicle at one time right? Kinda silly.
                            I personally have not gotten that far yet so thanks for the input.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                              • Jan 2011

I dont think they can do that SnappyKid. The links to Shopkey's site are anchors within the software, and I doubt the troubleshooter SW is authored like Shopkey. ie: Now P0301 points to that exact code on Mitchell's site.. Say Mitchell.com/codes/p0301 for example. To point that to troubleshooter would require restructuring troubleshooter to have "chapters" or "spots" that could be called out on via a hyperlink. I think that would require a complete rewrite of the troubleshooter part of the software. I could be wrong. Would be a nice feature though.

BTW, I havent looked deep enough maybe....can I switch ShopKey5 to OnDemand5? Its the same company, but my shops user/pw doesnt work on Shopkey...... If you cant, add that to my list :-)
                              Don't worry SO is listening to what we as the end user want. It won't happen over night but it is being looked into. The more feed back we provide the better they can make this tool.
                              I have no affiliation with snap on but with the money I have spent, especially this year alone on diagnostic equipment, they should at least consider what us as the end user wants. Especially if they want us to keep supporting them by purchasing future software and new tools as they become available.

Comment

• Orevin
                                • Aug 2010

Click on the Vehicle History button and there on the menu button on the bottom:

20110415-2225-1.jpg

Click on Shop Information:

20110415-2225-2.jpg

Enter your information:

20110415-2226-1.jpg

Click on OK and the shop information will now be printed on the reports.

Yup.
                                -Kai-
                                Chicago, IL

Comment

Working...