SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoctorD907
    • Mar 2015

Made a video of my snap-on guy's truck just for fun. Does your Snap-On dealer have a well stocked truck?

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Enjoyed the video. Like being a kid in a Las Vegas Candy Store

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I think I might already have everything on the truck, except the tool boxes and the free socks.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
          • Jul 2014

Fed up

I hope all here have a great Christmas season.

I am at my end with my Snap-On rep, and Corporate has been absolutely no help.

I owe a bunch of money, and committed to a $70.00 per week payment plan. My rep has made it a custom to only show up in my lot once a month and demand the big payment. (That is fine) He has not shown up in 8 weeks now, I have seen him in the complex behind mine for the 1st. 6 of the last 8 weeks. I have had to purchase tools from Matco and Cornwell to replace my broken pieces. I have tried to contact Snap-On Corporate to make payments online. The result is no. I am assuming I am going to get pimped for lack of payment, plus what ever charges they have.

If the rep screwes with you, and Corporate does not care. Guess I am done.

X

Comment

• juniur
            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by DoctorD907
            Made a video of my snap-on guy's truck just for fun. Does your Snap-On dealer have a well stocked truck?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWFyT_Fjw1k
            our guys truck is so disorganized you cant walk down the center isle. just stand at the front by the drivers seat while he climbs over stuff looking for tools.
            now our mac dealer his truck every item is labeled with a price , I like that

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

No

I hope you get your head above water and things turn around for you Cross land. This is a tough business at times and i know I am hurting now with medical bills from a $3000 Routine Colonoscopy, where they clipped a Polyp in less than an hour. Just thankful it was non cancerous. I was told I should go in every 3 years .I rather buy a brand new box or a Verus Edge, but I need to go in for Umbilical Hernia repair Tuesday because the family deductible is now reached I'm sure I won't be able to wrench for awhile.Try to keep a positive attitude , things could always be worse .
              Last edited by Witsend; 12-19-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I'm happy to say that I've had the same great snappy dealer for over 20 years now. But maybe the whole franchised dealer thing is getting a bit 20th century, if you know what I mean. Maybe time for a drone tool delivery service. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNySOrI2Ny8

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

A 5 pound breaker bar dropping 400 feet leaves a pretty good mark
                  Last edited by Witsend; 12-19-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Shop Etiquette

Proper shop etiquette, if someone brings in treats such as pie during the holidays but you don't have utensils make due with what you have. Don't worry, I'll try not to get any cherry pie filling on my next engine. Also If you're the last to go home at night and the treats are still sitting out, the spoils are yours.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• dodge90
                      • Oct 2014

Hey, All, haven't been on in quite a while. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and the new year is starting off well. X land, that's weird that he's not stopping in. Can't understand why corp. isn't stepping in. there all over my guy if he dosent get credit for stopping in. He's always late getting to me and complains about having to miss guys, well at least that's what he says. He treats me pretty good but then again he does rent storage space off of us to store his load of boxes he gets in, and yea, must be a snappy truck thing, Keep joking about having to put monkey bars in to get to the back of his truck.
                      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

F.Y.I. 2007 VW Jetta.... The wipers will become inoperative if the hood is open or the Vehicle Electronics Control module (BCM) sees an open hood latch. All I can say is that there must be a lot of VW engineers who have lost limbs due to rogue windshield wipers.

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                          F.Y.I. 2007 VW Jetta.... The wipers will become inoperative if the hood is open or the Vehicle Electronics Control module (BCM) sees an open hood latch. All I can say is that there must be a lot of VW engineers who have lost limbs due to rogue windshield wipers.
                          They had the superior design team make the hood to cowl line more efficient so the wipers hit the hood if it's up. When they found that the wipers hit the hood, instead of correcting the hood or correcting the wiper arm design, they put a switch in to inhibit the wipers......another switch, and software to not allow wiper operation when the switch is activated. LMAO.

Comment

• greasybob
                            • May 2008

The 2010 Silverado came in needing the AC charged after the coolers had been replaced. Easy enough but noticed the AC light flashing when testing the AC after charging. Check the data, all seems normal except the outside air temp PID reads "out of range". Check the ambient temp PIDs, seem normal. Back probe the sensor, 2.73 volts, that seems in range. No codes in the HVAC or PCM, so I disconnected the battery and shorted the cables together for a few seconds. Reconnect the battery and try again, permission granted, it works now !!! Hmmm, maybe next time I'll try putting my heat gun on the sensor and see if that works.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

The Mobile One Annual Oil Change ? This looks promising. Truth of the matter is, I'm a lot more comfortable changing engines than oil. https://mobiloil.com/en/article/why-...arch&WT.srch=1

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

People that change conventional oil every 3 months or 3K that stick to the schedule but rarely check oil level will be down a good quart and a half at oil change time. People that run semi synthetic that stick to the plan of every 4 months or 5K miles that neglect to check could be 2 and a half qts low and engine ticking flirting with tossing a rod unless a oil level sensor gives them a warning engine oil level is low. For people that use Full synthetic oil I like to change every 6 months or 6k, But need to check level every 1K.The tiny oil filters are just too small to trap everything after 6 months or 6k and still allow full flow through the filter without starting to bypass some of the flow. Maybe a large Ford FL1A could or I remember some AMsoil Toilet paper filtration system LMAO? Hate to clog my oil galleries with Charmin

Comment

Working...