Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
    Thanks Bob, Never really tried it before you called my attention to it , but tried and it seems to work .Tried the main one above it in the tabs on top with go button above it still doesn't work and says I'm missing a security token.I'm thinking the DEF Fluid in the fuel tank didn't damage anything except the pocket book of the owner to flush it all out and refill fuel tank
    I find that whatever you try to do, you are always ' missing a security token ' !

Does my head in as you can do **** *** here because of this screw up by " someone " !

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I find that whatever you try to do, you are always ' missing a security token ' !

Does my head in as you can do **** *** here because of this screw up by " someone " !
      Look just below the search bar and you'll see a small word search. Try that .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Witsend; 07-14-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• 51cub
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by greasybob
        Anyone run into a diesel that some one put DEF fluid in the fuel tank ? What was the damage ? I might have one coming in, 14 RAM 6.7. I gotta believe that this happens more often, they gonna have to idiot proof it soon.
        I haven't seen it personally, though I imagine I will at some point. I've read about it on a heavy equipment forum. No good came from any of the stories there. The concensus seems to be that it's just too corrosive. I know the crystallization I see just on the drum we pump it from scares me.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

What's The PH of Ammonia? Is it possible to add something to the fuel tank to counter act and neutralize it along with some Sea Foam for a little extra Lubricicity without creating a highly toxic exhaust smoke behind it on a Beat Run and not killing off some of your Fellow Brother Road Ragers behind you with clouds akin to tear gas?

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Maybe one of the worse tools I've ever bought. It's a Matco torque wrench designed specifically for wheel lugs. It has 5 preset settings. the problem with it is as your torqueing the nuts a combination of the clicking action of the wrench and the fact that your hand tends to slide towards the end, the knob at the end becomes unlocked. This will allow the handle to turn and change the settings, usually with out notice. Poor design, after experiencing this a few times the tool now is gather dust in the bottom drawer of my tool box. I thought it would be time saver but if you have constantly check it to make sure the settings haven't changed it's not much good.
            Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

So this is what it has come to. Ford no longer has written instructions for some procedures. I replaced the condenser on a 2014 Ford transit today. I thought I would check the procedure in Shop Key to see if any hidden bolts or anything unexpected. Instead I got this, colour coded instructions but no text. Totally incomplete and misleading. I don't see where bumper cover removal is implied except the last picture, but no links to the procedure and it's not coloured in any pictures. It is listed however in the labour guide. I've had few Escapes apart and this is similar so I knew it would be a lot easier if removed. I also found it necessary to loosen the lower radiator support to get enough room to slide the condenser. I'm not sure if the colour coding instructions is just laziness, lack of effort. Or maybe an assumption that Ford techs can't read? It seems weak, I hope it's not a trend.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by greasybob; 08-17-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                Administrator
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
                So this is what it has come to. Ford no longer has written instructions for some procedures. I replaced the condenser on a 2014 Ford transit today. I thought I would check the procedure in Shop Key to see if any hidden bolts or anything unexpected. Instead I got this, colour coded instructions but no text. Totally incomplete and misleading. I don't see where bumper cover removal is implied except the last picture, but no links to the procedure and it's not coloured in any pictures. It is listed however in the labour guide. I've had few Escapes apart and this is similar so I knew it would be a lot easier if removed. I also found it necessary to loosen the lower radiator support to get enough room to slide the condenser. I'm not sure if the colour coding instructions is just laziness, lack of effort. Or maybe an assumption that Ford techs can't read? It seems weak, I hope it's not a trend.
                I'm sure they did this to make the information work for many languages. You will see this in the European manufacturer's data. The Transit Connect is built in Turkey and used all over the place.
                SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
                  • Oct 2014

Maybe there trying to really make it dummy proof by showing the bolts and parts that need to be removed. I found it to be a pain also. Dosent show everything at times
                  I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                    • Jul 2014

Need corporate help.

Hi guys. It has been a while. I believe my last post was about my route driver, and how upset I was. I received a phone call from someone after that, and my driver showed up bi-weekly for about 2 shots. I need someone to call me A.S.A.P. I have not been on here because of the incident before. It has now become worse. He shows up when ever.... I see him in the building behind me, and on the street every week. I see him once a month. My payments are $70. something per week. I give him $400.00 a shot when he shows. Claims I owe him because I have not paid a payment (because he never shows up to get a payment.) I have not received a receipt from him since 7/25/16. I would like another call from corporate with a payment plan directly to them. I do not want to give up this investment. Too bad my hand tool investments end up in the trash when they break. I can not wait a month, I end up buying replacements. Sometimes spares are nice, not when you are forced into buying a replacement from someone else.

X

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crossland Auto
                      Hi guys. It has been a while. I believe my last post was about my route driver, and how upset I was. I received a phone call from someone after that, and my driver showed up bi-weekly for about 2 shots. I need someone to call me A.S.A.P. I have not been on here because of the incident before. It has now become worse. He shows up when ever.... I see him in the building behind me, and on the street every week. I see him once a month. My payments are $70. something per week. I give him $400.00 a shot when he shows. Claims I owe him because I have not paid a payment (because he never shows up to get a payment.) I have not received a receipt from him since 7/25/16. I would like another call from corporate with a payment plan directly to them. I do not want to give up this investment. Too bad my hand tool investments end up in the trash when they break. I can not wait a month, I end up buying replacements. Sometimes spares are nice, not when you are forced into buying a replacement from someone else.

X
                      Craig, Not sure anyone from the hand tool part of Snap-on will see this here. Did you try the customer service number?

U.S. Snap-on Tools Customer Service by phone* call our toll free number at 877-762-7664
                      Monday - Friday,
                      6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Central Time
                      *U.S. Customers only
                      SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                        • Jul 2014

I'll try that Nick. The last time I posted my rant about my driver, Someone was on the phone at 8:30 the next morning. Was kind of thinking it would work again.

X

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

I'll try that Nick. The last time I posted my rant about my driver, Someone was on the phone at 8:30 the next morning. Was kind of thinking it would work again.

X
                          Lol, Rule of Thumb is if you break something that you have to do a warranty swap on, you generally want to buy something new off the truck These guys generally aren't in business to stock a heavy diesel guzzling truck just to warranty stuff out for old mechanics that outlast their hand tools. I have enough broken Snappy tools that need to be replaced where I know they would avoid me like The Plague. I'm sure there is a lot of Red Tape BS paperwork , Average Cost of Warranty per month versus sales that they must be very careful to stay within under per month and other Cr@p the tool guys need to be in compliance with to avoid getting a Corporate audit and bounced claims.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
                            Lol, Rule of Thumb is if you break something that you have to do a warranty swap on, you generally want to buy something new off the truck These guys generally aren't in business to stock a heavy diesel guzzling truck just to warranty stuff out for old mechanics that outlast their hand tools. I have enough broken Snappy tools that need to be replaced where I know they would avoid me like The Plague. I'm sure there is a lot of Red Tape BS paperwork , Average Cost of Warranty per month versus sales that they must be very careful to stay within under per month and other Cr@p the tool guys need to be in compliance with to avoid getting a Corporate audit and bounced claims.
                            I get that to a point.

The problem I have, he never shows up. He is on the street twice a week. I think we went as long 3 months without the truck pulling in the lot (not counting the 5 or 6 months after a Flat Bed Tow Truck backed out of a blind lot and Fillet his truck wide open and sent him to the hospital.) He sends his kid in an import car to collect money on my Diagnostic Station I purchased., (Verus Pro, in a 4 drawer cart with 27" flat screen) and collect money from the others. The kid writes down what needs to be warrantied, but it never seems to get ordered. On average, either of them show once a month. That easily turns into 2 months without a tool. Warranty is part of their business. That is why we pay more to have a truck show up weekly. We could pay a ton less and order tools on line with same warranty and deal with shipping for replacements. Just easier to pay more.

There are 2 other shops in this building. My son now works for one that does Heavy Truck Transmissions and Differentials. The Cornwell guy is happy to sell him tools. If a truck does not show, it will not make any sales.

Just my thoughts.

X
                            Last edited by Crossland Auto; 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

I used to just go buy Craftsman , but since Craftsman went Chinese, I figure where's the nearest Harbor Freight Tools? You can buy an entire set of HF wrenches or sockets for same $ to get the one that you need to hold you over from a tool dealer till you get your Snappy one warrantied out.
                              You have HF e-mail coupon you get free Cheapo flashlights with any purchase , 20% off etc. While waiting to get things warrantied, You can actually start building a decent second tool set in shop for a young helper to test the waters of auto repair without being over his head in tool debt right off the start and if he decides to become a truck driver instead , he can thank you and just walk away. I drive around with a wooden cigar box with my broken tools , and if I see a Snap On truck at another shop, I will stop by and see if he can swap something out and maybe if he can do it I'll drop $50 on a extra long zero offset box wrench or something.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                                • Jul 2014

H.F. has it's purpose. For example, a cheap engine for Kart racing. 13 h.p. 420 c.c. electric start..... All I have done to it was remove side cover to eliminate governor. The rest is bone stock and the quietest thing out there.

I spend too much for my personal tool supply to spend money for others. I am the only wrench now in this family owned shop (since my old man is not capable any more) and have not had a raise in 10 years. The shop is slowly bleeding out, and I refuse to let my son get into this industry just because of the price of tools etc.

The guy next door started using him to tear down units, now he is R&R ing. If he sticks with this line, the most he will need to spend is 20K (If he does not go Ape S__T with elaborate purchases. He could have all the tools needed for the rest of his life.

To get back to the point of the original rant. Same shop is just as angry. 20 years of purchasing the most expensive tools, forced to buy replacements from someone else to continue to do their job. Dirt Haulers are not sympathetic when their trucks are down loosing $200.00 per hour per truck. They will not let it sit for 2 months waiting for a 2 5/8, 3/4 drive socket to install a yoke. (Don't take it too literal, he has extras, but has been in a bind before. Had to send the driver to one of his customers shops to borrow tools many times.)

Get my point?

X
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...