Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddywagon
    • Dec 2017

viewing video on verdict

I loaded snap on training videos and pdf,s onto a usb flash drive using VLC format then loaded VLC format into the verdict with the idea of keep the tool hard drive as empty as possible but cannot get the flashdrive to play also got a flash card fitted I only got the tool recently second hand off the snappy guy flash drive replays ok on my windows 10 computer;Got this tool after watching scannerdanner [and got his book] any help is appreciated from down under
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think the USB port is reserved solely for outgoing Sh@t like a USB printer or moving screen shots and scope movies to a thumb drives to save to a PC and play back with Shop Stream Connect. I'm not sure you can hook up a zip drive or external harddrive and playback things on it with VLC media player installed on the Tablet.

Comment

• paddywagon
      • Dec 2017

viewing video on verdict

thank you for the reply I did,t want to carry around a laptop

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I do stuff like that all the time but haven't on the Verdict. Seems to me it should work. I would first temporarily copy one of the videos to the Verdict to make sure you're not just having issues playing the videos.

You know you can upgrade your Verdict's hard drive, right? It's not very fun but it's doable. I did it mine. If you don't want to mess with your scanner's innards that's perfectly reasonable. My nerves were kind of on edge the entire time.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Playing Videos

I had a Verus Pro until recently and tried many times to get videos that I had recorded on my phone to play on the Verus. It was running Windows XP Embedded same as the Verdict. I was never able to do it. Windows XP does not support most current video formats. I basically gave up. It won't play a YouTube video either I believe. I now have the Verus Edge running Windows 7 and it works just fine.

The USB port would support playing a video if it's in a format that XP will play. Check this link out: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...s-media-player

HTH

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
            I had a Verus Pro until recently and tried many times to get videos that I had recorded on my phone to play on the Verus. It was running Windows XP Embedded same as the Verdict. I was never able to do it. Windows XP does not support most current video formats. I basically gave up. It won't play a YouTube video either I believe. I now have the Verus Edge running Windows 7 and it works just fine.

The USB port would support playing a video if it's in a format that XP will play. Check this link out: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...s-media-player

HTH
            I never had any trouble playing any videos on my original verus with xp. I keep instructional videos loaded on it in case I get in a jam and need a quick refresher, hence my need for a 1 tb ssd in it. I use vlc media, and one may also need Adobe flash player, but it plays any kind of video I throw at it. It might not hurt to update XP to service pack 3 if not done on any of these machines - Verus or Verdict.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

Finally dragged out the Verdict and played with this as I write.
              Youtube is no go so from script errors.
              Couldn't get Media Player to play videos. Despite how many like it, I've never had a lot of luck with VLC Player so I didn't try it.
              I did download MediaMonkey, which is my preferred MP3 player that also does video. Once installed it gave a message that it didn't have the correct codecs to play my chosen videos and gave me a link to download them. I did and now I am playing A Boy And His Dog as an MP4 file off a USB stick. Then I played an old Harold LLoyd AVI movie, and lastly Tears of Steel in MOV format. (Because I had those oddball movies handy to transfer off my main PC real quick. Don't ask.) I played The Fatal Glass of Beer in MP4 720P and it stuttered pretty bad but it did play.

Sound is terribly weak with many videos even with earbuds. Some kind of self-powered amplified speakers would be best. But they play.

Went back to Youtube and a trailer for a movie started playing. So I let it and then clicked on a video. Slow and stuttery. I clicked on the settings icon and dropped the resolution to 360 and it played a lot better.
              Left and went back and got Firefox "script error" a couple of times before it finally went to the video. Pretty much unwatchable at 480P but 360 does OK. Earbud audio is a LOT better on Youtube, I could even turn the volume down quite a bit and hear OK.

My take is that you certainly can, but our little Verdicts just don't really have enough horsepower to really play videos well. Also mine I upgraded to 2GB memory and an SSD hard drive replacement. A stock one will surely be slower and less able. Perhaps to the point where you couldn't get my results.

Comment

Working...