Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisf-1
    • Apr 2013

solus-pro

Hi everyone I have been offered a solus pro scanner with 27 keys but it has a fault, the lights are dim when being used. it also comes with 27 keys. I am new to this diagnostic malarkey I am more into points and distributors but it seems I will have to play catch up could someone tell me if this would be a suitable beginner unit and could someone give me an idea what the keys are all about ?? would they be for different cars or?? many thanks happy xmas Chris
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Merry Christmas, Chris.
    The keys are to be used with different vehicles. Different cars communicate on different pins of the DLC, so the keys enable the scanner to talk to a wide variety of vehicles. It helped Snap-on keep those old scanners active for a long time.

If the backlight is out of that Solus Pro then it'll be tough to use. Unless you can repair it yourself, then it's unlikely you'll be able to get it fixed. It can't be updated any longer either.

Just noticed that you are in the UK. Software and hardware support may be different there, but probably not. Either way, it's worth a check with a local dealer, or the local Tech Support line.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Rappa; 12-25-2020, 03:24 PM.
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...