Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danej540
    • Jun 2021

verus wireless scanner tab

in the diagnostic suite the scanner tab will not open and the global obd tab just searches for a vehicle.... any advice?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

First I'd call tech support at 800-332-2526.
    If you don't want to do that, you could always re-image it. It erases the unit and starts it over like the day it was born. If it works like it is supposed to, it will reinstall the latest update. It's best of you have the latest USB update handy though.
    To re-image it follow the directions you see for it when the BIOS boots. If it's an older Wireless Verus you may need a USB Keyboard plugged into it to do that.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Danej540
      • Jun 2021

yeah it doesnt bring up the option to reimage. i know u need a usb key board and hold left alt and whatever other key. its been awhile since ive messed with it. i called snapon previously and they remoted in twice and got nowhere. they told me there is nothing else they can do. so basically left me high and dry on this tool. if someone can fix it id be more than happy to ship it lol

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

The option for re-imaging will appear the moment your screen comes on. It's a BIOS message, so it really can't go away. Plug in a USB keyboard and do it. If that doesn't work, then you may be out of luck. That tool is no longer supported for repairs or updates.
        Joe
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Danej540
          • Jun 2021

im pretty sure the recovery partition was deleted. i had a cloned hard drive someone gave me a copy of and copied the recovery partition but still i dont get the reimaging option. ive tried with a usb keyboard. i was hoping someone had a cloned drive they could share with me. i could switch all the license.ini files and whatnot

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Danej540
            im pretty sure the recovery partition was deleted. i had a cloned hard drive someone gave me a copy of and copied the recovery partition but still i dont get the reimaging option. ive tried with a usb keyboard. i was hoping someone had a cloned drive they could share with me. i could switch all the license.ini files and whatnot
            OK. If the partition was deleted, you definitely don't want to attempt a recovery. That'll break it even worse. I agree that your only way out of this is a successful cloning.
            Joe
            Henry Ford

Comment

Working...