Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wagzilla
    • Oct 2014

A/C machine snap-on kool care 322

Just wanted to see if anyone had the new a/c machine Polartek 322 and how they liked it?

James
    Last edited by wagzilla; 07-16-2017, 03:12 PM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Probably works just wonderful until you have a Bozo in the shop partially charge up a leaking system and walk away from it on recovery and it pulls in a Sh@tload of air and screws up the subsequent recharges.
    I find a 30 lb virgin tank on a $40 70 lb HF postage scale has worked out pretty well for me most of the time.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

• wagzilla
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
      Probably works just wonderful until you have a Bozo in the shop partially charge up a leaking system and walk away from it on recovery and it pulls in a Sh@tload of air and screws up the subsequent recharges.
      I find a 30 lb virgin tank on a $40 70 lb HF postage scale has worked out pretty well for me most of the time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/70-lb-...ale-95069.html
      Well I will have the new machine on Friday, I have had many machines in the past, there are pro's and con's I just sold my 34788ni-H and thought I would give the new snap-on machine a try. 7 inch screen back lite sounds nice but is it water resistant, ????not enough room in the shop so you do it out side and it rains??? two year warranty not bad $ 300 for the up dates $ 70 dollars for the filter, This will be my 8th machine in 24 years, and for the most part I love the improvements, Love the solid wheels . I will call tech support on Monday

James

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

We have the 331. The old Snap On AC unit was going on 20 years. The bad... The new machine takes longer to boot up when started, has a smaller tank (24lb) and it does not have manual valves for the gages. The good... it has oil and dye injection, it reclaims quicker and it rolls around the shop easier. The menu/procedures take a little getting used too.

Comment

• wagzilla
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
          We have the 331. The old Snap On AC unit was going on 20 years. The bad... The new machine takes longer to boot up when started, has a smaller tank (24lb) and it does not have manual valves for the gages. The good... it has oil and dye injection, it reclaims quicker and it rolls around the shop easier. The menu/procedures take a little getting used too.
          Greasy bob does yours have the 5 inch screen? Can you plug in your key board to type in the usb port? and they where talking about blue tooth so you could print?? I will find out soon enough. now this one does have a printer.

James

Comment

• wagzilla
            • Oct 2014

polartek 332

Originally posted by greasybob
            Greasy bob does yours have the 7 inch screen? Can you plug in your key board to type in the usb port? and they where talking about blue tooth so you could print?? I will find out soon enough. now this one does have a printer. polarktek 332 not a 322 sorry its the same as yours but no oil injection and no oil scale resolution My last machine was slow on bootup and took a lot longer then the older models but meets the new specs????........

James

Comment

• wagzilla
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by wagzilla
              Greasy bob does yours have the 7 inch screen? Can you plug in your key board to type in the usb port? and they where talking about blue tooth so you could print?? I will find out soon enough. now this one does have a printer. polarktek 332 not a 322 sorry its the same as yours but no oil injection and no oil scale resolution My last machine was slow on bootup and took a lot longer then the older models but meets the new specs????........

James
              Greasy bob, Snap-on does have a new update for the machine!! I guess I will have to try it out.

James

Comment

• wagzilla
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by wagzilla
                Greasy bob, Snap-on does have a new update for the machine!! I guess I will have to try it out.

James
                Ok I have this machine now for a few weeks
                Pro, it does have a faster boot up time
                It does roll around the shop better
                It does have a bigger screen
                It is quieter
                Nice flashing light on the top lets you know when its done
                It has a printer
                con
                I can't hear the alarm 57dp old alarm 87 dp
                data to find vehicle charge chart not good enough missing to many vehicles.
                I don't get call backs from snap-on on the a/c machine???

James

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Ok I have this machine now for a few weeks
                  Pro, it does have a faster boot up time
                  It does roll around the shop better
                  It does have a bigger screen
                  It is quieter
                  Nice flashing light on the top lets you know when its done
                  It has a printer
                  con
                  I can't hear the alarm 57dp old alarm 87 dp
                  data to find vehicle charge chart not good enough missing to many vehicles.
                  I don't get call backs from snap-on on the a/c machine???
                  Do these Hi tech new machines now have a built in refrigerant analyzer alarm to prevent reclaiming a system that might be chock full of air or a foreign gas that will ruin the contents of your recycled refrigerant tank. Municipal commercial vehicles of a fire dept, might not see any problems , but a Gyppy Lube selling $49.99 AC services to general public might.

Comment

Working...