Fuel trim

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Well I did say they were very helpful, not I'll have a look tonight on my VW data and see what I can find out for you.

Comment

• paullap
      • Dec 2016

Thanks, I have just spoken to euro parts ordered the filter and asked about the 02 sensor, NGK 5 wire £102 plus vat, it was £135 last week,

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

I forgot about the technical info in the VERUS itself, have you checked the wiring diagram in there?

Comment

• paullap
          • Dec 2016

ill have a look tonight

Comment

• David Green
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by paullap
            ill have a look tonight
            Just booting up the VERUS now to have a look Paul

Just had a look through VERUS and the same wideband sensor is shown like AD. I do have other data though that might show the 4 wire, hang in there while I have a look...
            Last edited by David Green; 08-03-2017, 11:31 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

• paullap
              • Dec 2016

Just had a look on the Verus. onl;y 6 wire diagrams, not alot of help.

Paul

Comment

• David Green
                • Oct 2009

Paul, found some information that will help you test your wideband sensor.

How to cross reference the wiring;

How the wideband sensor works;

Also, just for reference you can use your VERUS, simply connect the 16 pin DLC and using your pid data after a good road test, during the road test ensure that you put your accelerator down hard two or three times and least, then look at your graphing data and compare your engine speed at maximum revs to the long term fuel trim, which should read a high percentage, and look at the equivalence ratio B1 S1, the ratio should read high at the same time as the rev's are high, and the wideband sensor current reading should also increase to a maximum reading at the same time on the pids lists.

To test these wideband sensors you should use the current readings, however, an amp clamp around the sensor wire may not be accurate enough to give a true reading, just something to be aware of.

Anything else just let me know...

Comment

• paullap
                  • Dec 2016

I really appreciate your help, I am very tempted to just buy a new sensor to eliminate it from the equation , Its not even my car, it is my brothers, I just hate not being able to find the problem. On my Verus with this Polo, I don't get a long and short term fuel trim pid, all I get is fuel adaption. I wont give up, even if I end up changing every part on the car. I think this car is defiantly an odball

Comment

• David Green
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by paullap
                    I really appreciate your help, I am very tempted to just buy a new sensor to eliminate it from the equation , Its not even my car, it is my brothers, I just hate not being able to find the problem. On my Verus with this Polo, I don't get a long and short term fuel trim pid, all I get is fuel adaption. I wont give up, even if I end up changing every part on the car. I think this car is defiantly an odball
                    Let me just explain the bold section I underlined in your text for you.

Fuel Adaptation, what is it!!

Fuel adaptation is the fine tune control of fuel delivery by the PCM, Power Train Control Module. This fine tune control by the PCM is achieved by increasing and decreasing the time that the injectors are open, hence check the injector duration ms. The amount of this adjustment is known as the 'Fuel Trim', the fuel trim values over a range of engine speeds are known as the 'Adaptation Values'.

Comment

• paullap
                      • Dec 2016

. That's great, I have been asking this question for weeks now and you are the first person to explain it in real terms.

I keep going over old data pictures, I nearly always take pictures, and e few things to think about
                      0.256v on the sensor pre cat injection time 5ms adaption 24 I think that is high
                      and again later
                      0.242v on the pre cat fuel adaption 15.8 injection time 6ms

I put vag com on the car and found this information, I dont have a clue what it means though.
                      ritch to lean threshold volt test 0.675v
                      lean to ritch threshold test 0.70v

Comment

• paullap
                        • Dec 2016

Just changed the fuel filter, Not driven it yet, I have cleared the codes and had a quick look at live data while engine running.
                        a few more details

Block 30-1 bank 1 sensor 1 (111)
                        30-2 bank 1 sensor 2 (110)
                        32-1 Lambda (add) Self adaption 0
                        32-2 Lambda (Mult) Self adaption 0
                        33-2 bank 1 voltage oxygen sensors 0.268

That lambda sensor self adaption should not be at 0 ???

Comment

• David Green
                          • Oct 2009

Now we're cooking Paul, you got VCDS that's great, do an autoscan and post up the copy and let me read it.

Comment

• paullap
                            • Dec 2016

You have to much faith in me, I did this on my tablet autel DS 808 Live data there are a lot of pages, Do you want the whole lot?. And then I have to figure out how to post them or can I email them to you. I will take pictures of each page, I should be able to save all this data in a file and send it, But I am new to all of this.

Thanks again for taking time to help me.

Comment

• paullap
                              • Dec 2016

Or do you mean do the diagnostic auto scan for the codes?.

Paul

Comment

• paullap
                                • Dec 2016

Ok Just drove it hard, I got about 300 yards and it cuts out, I let slow down then it starts to pick up after about 50 yards, and it is ok again, So i drive otf steady for about a mile, It all good, then it does it again, same thing chugs along then picks up and away we go again. Is there a pid on the verus to show if I am losing fuel pressure? I might have to connect the fuel pressure gauge and tape it to the windscreen to see if it is a fuel pressure problem, Or is there an easier way?.

Comment

Working...