Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

21.4 Broke My Verus Edge

I saw the notice that a software update was available today for my Verus Edge. So I downloaded it and installed it, all went fine until it tried to reboot. about 10 seconds in the reboot stopped and a message came up that there was an error and to try again. I did this about 5 times unsuccessfully and decided to call tech support. They took control of my Verus remotely and tried for about a half to reload and reboot, no luck. So as told to do systems restore. This worked but it erases all saved data and passwords. Was told maybe a virus was the problem with it not rebooting but it worked fine about 10 minutes before I decided to do the update. Something was compatible or the update corrupted something.
  • ASEMASTER
    • Aug 2019

I also updated to 21.4 yesterday on a verus edge. No issues as far as I know. I was more worried about it acting up because im running windows 10.

Comment

• Roostertail
      • Oct 2016

My Verus Edge did the same thing when i updated to 21.4. I had to do a recover. If you routinely back up your Verus when it reminds you, all you have to do is reload the backup file and all you data will be back. I believe part of the problem was it needed a new version of netframe and it didnt know where to get it.

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Sounds like maybe its better to wait until they work whatever bugs are out in that release so people dont have to feel like there bricking there unit.

Comment

• Dashinoku
          • Aug 2016

21.4 messed up intelligent diagnostics on my Zeus

Comment

• Corvette Rick
            • Jul 2020

Has there been any other reports? Or bug fixe hot fixes? Im considering updating but not if its going to generate complaints and issues.

Comment

Working...