Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruston11
    • Feb 2015

Dodge Caravan 2005

Hello All, Had a Caravan towed in with a no crank. Used car lot installed used pcm and it looks like the donor vehicle had security and the van did not. I have read on this forum that BCM and PCM will need replacement. The vehicle has a
    extra pigtail hanging under column that could plug into skim module. Would it work if we bought used column with key and just plugged in skim module and program with DRB3. Dont want to make wrong choice here! Thanks in advance
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

You would need secret key pin code and install skim module and possibly new skim keys. Chances of this working is very slim. Best bet is to order a reman ecm and hopefully order it programmed and not have theft activated inside it. I even had problems on a Dakota that I got reman ecm's, and took 3 tries to get one that didn't have the theft turned on.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Make sure all fuses are good and in correct positions in the integrated power control module under the hood. Try to get that original pcm back from the used car lot if possible, and plug the hanging loose connector back into the skim module and see if you can get anywhere with a DS 708 , if not try with a new skim module if unsuccessful with original. If unsuccessful you still may need the original ecm for dealer to retrieve certain information from it to make it less time consuming proposition

Comment

Working...