Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

DREWTECH

Has anyone had trouble lately getting tech support from Drewtech? I cant make contact with a human being. They haven't responded to phone calls or emails. My toolbox wouldn't load up so I uninstalled and reinstalled. That worked but know it won't recognize my cardaq-m and says my serial is invalid.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

I've had problems with the TOOL BOX loading.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

something like this
      Attached Files

Comment

• STURNER
        • Oct 2014

Exactly. I finally got that resolved and now it says the serial # is invalid but I've never had to input the serial before now.

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

Apparently a recent windows update caused the loading error message for the toolbox. They are working on a workaround apparently.

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

Same here I can't log in now that it wants the autolog in

Comment

• STURNER
              • Oct 2014

I finally got some help from drewtech. When you enter your serial, d1-009822, leave off the first two so you would enter 009822. Everything works good this way.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

I have a question for you guys using the Drewtech CarDAQ units.

It looks to be the most popular for J2534. So much that other companies have re branded as there own unit.

Other than being the newest tool and future updateable / expandable Is the CarDAQ M any different than the standard CarDAQ Plus unit???

I see it says that you can do Key programing With the CarDAQ M unit. Is this in the standard toolbox software included with the tool or only through the OEM software???

I realize the OEM reprogramming is done through the OEM Sites, but Do you have to purchase any additional software or updates through drewtech specifically for their unit J2534 units???

I am looking into venturing into this as the down time of getting customer cars to a dealer, or getting a Mobile tech onsite can be difficult. The down time and inconvenience is really costly and this seems to be a more common need in the industry.

Thanks for time!

Comment

• STURNER
                  • Oct 2014

I haven't tried any key programming with it but I know it will not do nissan intelligent key fobs.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

You can program GM and Ford security modules and keys. I think just about any other OEM will ask for your Lock Smith registration license or number for security modules.

Comment

• badcoupe
                      • Jan 2011

I have done chrysler ford gm and mazda keys with no issues through the oe software.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Hey Bob, when are you going to clean that huge coffee stain off your monitor screen ?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                          • Jan 2011

Thanks Guys! With the amount of work that requires reprograming now a days, I just don't see how I can be without J2534 capabilities.

I know the CarDAQ Plus is the mainstream staple in the aftermarket for most stuff but I think it might be beneficial to get the CarDAQ M model as it is supposed to be the future forward compatible.

Still reading up on this with what little factual info is out there.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                            • Apr 2011

For mazda keys, u need a calculator for the output and input codes, most new fords have this, but mazda is a must. Chrysler I use a chinese machine which works 50/50. Along with other cars, but u need different machines for different cars. Never used OEM for any other car since u need that locksmith license.

Comment

Working...