Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Turbo vane position calibration

Diagnosed faulty turbocharger vane position sensor on a 2009 Chevrolet 3500 duramax. Replacement procedure states that the new sensor will have to be calibrated after it is installed. My older verus D10 with 18.2 does give a "TC LEARN (ON/OFF)" option under the OUTPUT CONTROLS menu. I am assuming this is for the vane position calibration?? If so does it need to be toggled on KOEO or KOER? Thank you for any help.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Turn "learn" on,then test drive.After test drive turn engine off.Now vane position is learned.

Edit: normally vane position is learned automatically after every key off.If the fault comes back it's the turbo vanes sticking,which is the most common cause of vane position sensor code.

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Glide
      Turn "learn" on,then test drive.After test drive turn engine off.Now vane position is learned.

Edit: normally vane position is learned automatically after every key off.If the fault comes back it's the turbo vanes sticking,which is the most common cause of vane position sensor code.
      Brilliant. Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you.

Comment

Working...