Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Dave
    • Nov 2010

Programming dodge remote

Can the latest software program a2015 dodge challenger remote / ?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Yes, it should be under Radio Frequency Hub> Misc Functions>Program Ignition FOBIKs

Comment

• Dr Dave
      • Nov 2010

Hub not working

Ok I tried to add a ton today .yes under hub something there is to program fobs and a error 31 something bcm. Snap on diagnostics through it was in shipping mode and I should turn it off.it wasn't in shipping mode.Has anyone done this that can shed light on this? Does it have to be in shipping mode ? The guy at snap on said he was something about erase remotes? Maybe you need to do this first ?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Dave

Do you have the PIN code for the vehicle? Also if the procedure tells you to turn the key off at any point (besides the final step) do you have the Hazard warnng lights on?

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

I agree with Steve, you need to have the pin code, and the hazard lights generally have to be on. I have never used the snap on to program keys, only used Wii tech 2.

Comment

• Dr Dave
            • Nov 2010

Yes please tell

Please can you put line the procedure.I say part of a bid and the hazards were mentioned .I never got to a partially the pin. Can I guess you need to find a place where you erase mobile first?more than likely the steps are the same it's like anything else after market support instructions lack at time. No where does the scanner day flashers

Comment

• Dr Dave
              • Nov 2010

Sorry spell check

Can you outline the process?

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Dave

You need to follow the procedure that the scanner is telling you. The hazards were just a guess as other manufacturers require you to turn them on to keep modules awake during a key off period. One thing I would not do is earse all keys! If there is a problem with the car or the scanner this can leave you with no FOBS. At this point if you don't have a different make tool that can do this function, we do not know if the problem is the car or the tool, I would hire a locksmith and ask if if you could try with him there. He should have tools that are speific to this job and can see what the problem is and if its the procedure he can tell you how to do it correctly, or if its the tool or the car.
                Hope thats helps.

Steve

Comment

• Dr Dave
                  • Nov 2010

Ok too bad .once again oe and aftermarket clash. My very expensive zues says it does something but seems they just threw it in the program but didn't back it up.

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Once again Dave, the problem could be with the vehicle. At this point we just didn’t know

Comment

• Dr Dave
                      • Nov 2010

Maybe i,m in the wrong place in scanner

I never saw much in the way of promos to do . Has any one ever used a snapon scanner to program a fobik key on a 2015 or up challenger?l will get the pin and contact snapn and see if they can get it to work.l will check back next week to let you know. Thanks
                      nks

Comment

• Dr Dave
                        • Nov 2010

Fobik

Ok I finally got someone at snapon that wasn't interested in covering up . A very nice young lady told me that the 20.4 was supposed to have fixed a issue that the release before had on programming a 2016 challanger. But it didn't,the 20.4 still has a issue. You see why I get critical.It's not that sometimes software have problems ,it's that I asked the exact same questions to snapon a few days earlier and got some bs answer when they should be listening and documenting.How else are you going to fix stuff or know your software doesn't work!.Please we count on snappy to do its job so we can do ours. We pay dearly and expect excellence. Thanks to the young lady.

Comment

• tech25
                          • Oct 2017

Did she happen to say if this issue is fixed in the 21.2 update??

Comment

Working...