X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

I didn't know it selectable either. I looked and it was set to forever. Now it is 30 days. Thanks.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
      Administrator
      • Jan 2014

I'm thinking of posting a "question" in SureTrack to invite more people to this user group. Do you think it would be useful to have an "introduce yourself" thread where people could give a bit of info on themselves here?
      SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Im not sure how ultimately useful it would be, be it might be nice. I think have a users region/location listed with their posts on SureTrack could be useful, just like here. Actually the entire user info blurb would be nice. Perhaps make picking at least a region mandatory at sign up.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by maven
          Im not sure how ultimately useful it would be, be it might be nice. I think have a users region listed with their posts on SureTrack could be useful
          I have it on my list to make the user profiles visible to other users in SureTrack and also to add their location in the post display. It's important to know where a shop is for some questions.

Comment

• maven
            • Mar 2014

Also dont know if its even possible, but allowing a wider search would be useful....perhaps allowing a year range, or selecting just a manufacturer....this would allow broader results.

So if Im looking for info on my 2007 Hupmobile Coupe V16 with a P0171, Im not shown only those results, but I could see results for all 2002-2010 Hupmobile Coupe V16's, or I could see all 2007 Hupmobiles.

Would obviously use more resources but I could see it definitely being more useful. Just thinking about how I use the factory service information search features.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by maven
              Also dont know if its even possible, but allowing a wider search would be useful....perhaps allowing a year range, or selecting just a manufacturer....this would allow broader results.

So if Im looking for info on my 2007 Hupmobile Coupe V16 with a P0171, Im not shown only those results, but I could see results for all 2002-2010 Hupmobile Coupe V16's, or I could see all 2007 Hupmobiles.

Would obviously use more resources but I could see it definitely being more useful. Just thinking about how I use the factory service information search features.
              A five year spread would show (in your example) from 2005 to 2009 with the 2007 in the middle. Also anything within that five year spread showing P0171.
              If someone selected a 2003 vehicle, show 2001 to 2005; or a 2008 vehicle would show 2006 to 2010. Covers a spread but not a huge one.

A similar vehicle or a similar engine used across several carlines can sometimes have one tidbit of information that may not be exact but close enough for investigation, and ultimately lead to something to zero in on and solve the problem.
              I've used factory information as you suggest for years also. Good way to work.

Comment

• Scott 79
                • Mar 2014

Testing

This is Autobouncer, testing this forum, thanks for the link, Nick!

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Scott 79
                  Morning Autobouncer. Welcome to this site.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Scott 79
                    Yes, welcome aboard.

Comment

• Joerace
                      • May 2014

thanks for the link nick

Hello snap on forum! New user from mitchell land, been ondemand user for about 12-15 years now, just starting to inch away slowly from ondemand5, trying to get used to prodemand and suretrack is proving to be a challenge, way too comfortable with the ol od5, anyway boys have an dbe safe out there

I'm currently nursing a broken bone in my left index finger, 4 pound sledge + wheel studs into back of hubs off a 1 ton gm dually = tires arm and broken finger

math equation of the day hahahha

Joe

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2014

Welcome to this side Joe. Hopefully you'll get used to the new products and together we'll make them better. In ProDemand, be sure to push the feedback button any time you find something amiss. It's stuck to the right side of the site in most places. It sends pertinent information directly to the support groups.

Comment

• Joerace
                          • May 2014

thanks nick, and I will do, I have some extra time on my hands, well broke bone in left hand with sledge hammer, gm 1 ton hubs putting studs back in on rotor replacement, ouch, so I've been exploring both suretrack and prodemand, tell ya I'm sellin my tools eric o is just too damn fast for me hahahha
                          but ya its all looking good, still jump to od5 repair for quick lookups but thats cause I know where everything is there and am just too comfortable using it

Comment

• CaptEuro
                            • Jun 2014

Hey Nick.... figured out the log in stuff....

Comment

• CaptEuro
                              • Jun 2014

Is it Monday everywhere else? 3 tow-ins over the weekend, they all want their cars now... I am a week out and buried in a dash board of a New Beetle... This customer wants to know why it takes so long to replace an HVAC box, but she won't come in to see for herself. Kid called in sick, gpa is on vacation... WOW!!! Happy Monday....

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                                Administrator
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by CaptEuro
                                Is it Monday everywhere else? 3 tow-ins over the weekend, they all want their cars now... I am a week out and buried in a dash board of a New Beetle... This customer wants to know why it takes so long to replace an HVAC box, but she won't come in to see for herself. Kid called in sick, gpa is on vacation... WOW!!! Happy Monday....
                                You should e-mail her a picture of the inside of her car, what's left of it. Of course then later she'll just complain of squeaks and rattles that were already there.

Comment

Working...