X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Illuminated OBD 2 cable extender

Can't see why there isn't a short illuminated $9.95 Obd cable extender available for the cabled VCIs or cabled tablets to better see and find the OBD connectors under the dash on Amazon yet. Can't see why Snappy can't put a Snappy emblem on the Chinaman connector and be able to sell lots off the truck for $39.99 a piece.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

If you want one for $9.95 or a Chinese knock off type cable why not just tape a cheapo flashlight near the connector end.

Your Welcome
    Steve

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If you want one for $9.95 or a Chinese knock off type cable why not just tape a cheapo flashlight near the connector end.

Your Welcome
      Steve
      That's so Rube Goldburgin it but I Like it

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I don't care about a light but I wouldn't mind a shorter "DA-4" cable. Our Verus Edge has been in use over a year and the little twist tie that originally held the cable coiled up is still on it and it's still coiled up. Why's it so long?

If I am dressed I have at least one pocket flashlight on me at all times.

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

The light on the cable is real nice! No need for the flash light, one less thing to carry/drop! The extra length is great also, you can bring the scanner under the hood, both sides or under the vehicle when your checking things like vent valves. Then when I don't need the long cable I have Velcro strap I keep it wrapped up with.

Comment

• JamesO
            • Dec 2014

I have a cable like this one linked below, I originally purchased from AES Wave for around $25 shipped. For some reason they no longer carry the cable. Nice cable with white LED inside the headshell and a push button on the male side of the cable so you can search for OBDII ports.

Digital Voltmeter on the female side so you can see what the current battery or charging Voltage is as well as make sure the OBDII port has 12 Volts on pin 16 or if there may be a fuse blown.
            Last edited by Steve6911; 01-02-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I have a cable like this one linked below, I originally purchased from AES Wave for around $25 shipped. For some reason they no longer carry the cable. Nice cable with white LED inside the headshell and a push button on the male side of the cable so you can search for OBDII ports.

Digital Voltmeter on the female side so you can see what the current battery or charging Voltage is as well as make sure the OBDII port has 12 Volts on pin 16 or if there may be a fuse blown.

https://www.eautotools.com/SVDOBDIIE...vdobdiiec1.htm
              Now, that's what I'm talking about. $25 from AES wave would be a better price than $49.99, but maybe the AES supplier cut off supplies for now and custom producing them with a Snapon S logo on connector and you'll see them as a Must Have accessory on the Tool trucks soon.

Comment

• JamesO
                • Dec 2014

I found the Aug 2016 order summary from AESWave, $19 for the cable, but I ordered a few other things so shipping was a bit more than just for the cable.

[08-103] OBD Extension Cable with Voltmeter and Headlight

But for $19, it was a no brainer. I use OBDII Bluetooth interfaces that are pretty small and it is helpful to have it plugged into a larger cable that I cannot leave behind in the car. Additionally the Voltmeter is a great add on feature, no more trying to get a good connection in the cigarette lighter socket, plug into to the OBDII port, I do not even need to open the hood to get an idea as to what is going on with the battery or charging system.
                Last edited by Steve6911; 01-02-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

What ever happened to that 40"OBD II extension cable with illuminated led headlight and voltmeter? Seemed like it would be such a hot seller and a must have for any older scan tool especially very easy to forget and lose little new illuminated dongles. You wouldn't be loosing the little light feature of the Zeus dongle if you always left the $1800 dongle plugged into the illuminated extension cable to save wear and tear on the dongle and it's pins.

Comment

• Matt
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by GypsyR
                    I don't care about a light but I wouldn't mind a shorter "DA-4" cable. Our Verus Edge has been in use over a year and the little twist tie that originally held the cable coiled up is still on it and it's still coiled up. Why's it so long?

If I am dressed I have at least one pocket flashlight on me at all times.
                    Couldn't agree more. Jump rope with my Edge's scan module 4 (EESM302A). Flashlight is an everyday carry for me too. Bad eyes and poor lighting justify adding a flashlight to my wardrobe.

Comment

• dgsnap
                      • Nov 2009

Here you go boy's,

Cheers20190117_112505.jpg

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Very cool idea for the cabled platforms , but they probably could have just made a 3 foot illuminated cable extension for less money to attach to an existing cable or attach the Zeus dongle onto for people that love the light feature but want a cable attached to dongle and keep in plain view as not to forget the dongle in vehicle.

Comment

Working...