Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Dave
    • Nov 2010

Realative compression testing DC leads

Does anyone do relative compression testing with the Dc batery leads , I swa a nice video on it and I did it with the settings he used . 200mv ac coupling filter and 1 sec time . I didnt look like a pattern that I could read until I messed around with the time and voltage scale . Is there a certian 1 setting fits all for this test ? Or is all engines different . This was a 2016 3.6 town& country. ,I know amp clamp is better but I always have trouble get around wires and setting w/ that 2 I just want a quick way to know if my #2 has low compression.i ALSO TRIED ON A 4.3 06 TRUCK WITH SAME SETTINGS AND IT WAS SO BUNCHED UP I cant tell whats what . Whats working for you guys ?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Dave

I don't do the test at the battery, I do it at the DLC with a Breakout box. You should have similar results. On post 7 I have it set up to be easy to read.

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... Discuss Instrumentation and information for testing vehicles at the component level.

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

Try 1 volt DC scale and couple AC with 5 second sweep +or - a on the sweep to get all cylinders in view. Can also use an injector or coil pack trace to identify cylinder.

I also use DLC break out box. OTC 3415

Comment

• diagtech5221
        • May 2020

Relative compression testing

Ive tested at both the battery and the DLC with a breakout box with similar results.. I usually do 500mv with ac coupling on a 2 sec sweep

Comment

Working...