Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Apollo D9 21.4 Lock Up?

I hate to be an Everet Sincha but.... Ever since I update my Apollo D9 to 21.4 it seems to have a screen lock up problem about once a day. I scan about 5 vehicles a day on average with it. The only remedy I've found so far is a hard shut down holding in the power button. Nothing that I can duplicate at will seems to happen early in the scan all modules sessions but not always. I would share a screen shot but it's locked up.
  • Bugmun64
    • Oct 2021

Apollo d9 freezws

Same here this brick locks up all day long totaly unuseable

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

I guess I'll wait a while before I update mine.Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greasybob
        I hate to be an Everet Sincha but.... Ever since I update my Apollo D9 to 21.4 it seems to have a screen lock up problem about once a day. I scan about 5 vehicles a day on average with it. The only remedy I've found so far is a hard shut down holding in the power button. Nothing that I can duplicate at will seems to happen early in the scan all modules sessions but not always. I would share a screen shot but it's locked up.
        Any word on a fix yet ? I still haven't updated my D9 yet,and won't until I hear that the lockup problem is fixed.I was going to sell my solus edge,which is updated,but I guess I'd better hang on to it for a while.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
          Snap-on D&I
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by greasybob
          An update is rolling out now.
          Make sure the tool is connected to Wi-Fi.
          When it starts downloading the update, you will see a down arrow icon at the top right of the screen to the left of the Wi-Fi signal strength icon.
          If you press the power button when it is downloading the update, it will prompt you to leave it connected to power and Wi-Fi to get the update more quickly. It must remain on to continue downloading the update. If you do power off, it will continue downloading the next time it is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi. The download will pause at times when scanning a vehicle so once it starts downloading, leave it on connected to power and Wi-Fi when not in use so the download can be completed more quickly.
          You can see the progress of the download if you select Tools> Software updates. When the download is complete, the down arrow icon at the top right of the screen will change to a checkmark.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Thanks for heads up. I performed the update today. I have not had a chance to try it on any vehicles yet, I'm sure it'll work.

Comment

Working...