Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > US Member User Group
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 07-25-2021, 08:34 AM

sledfreek76 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Angry Triton D10 issues, any other owners?

Hello, I purchased a Triton D10 few weeks back. Worked good briefly..... Getting conflicting information in the pids between different modules in a Subaru outback. When all accs in Subaru works and not faulting. Now the wireless is being sketchy, It will join my network maybe 1/4 of the time and drops it. Triton is 2 feet away from router. Had Snap On rep do a restore, still faults. An update is available, but drops wireless and locks up again. I have no confidence with this expensive brick! Anyone else having fun with their Triton D10?
Old 07-26-2021, 04:49 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Give Tech support a call and see if they can help you.

https://www.snapon.com/EN/US/Diagnostics/Contact-Us
Old 07-26-2021, 07:27 AM

sledfreek76 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Hello, Thankyou for reply, I did contact Diag support, they suggested the restore, which can be only done by my local rep. No change/fix from the restore. Ive tried several different networks, with no other devices streaming, making sure bandwidth was available. Scanner actually has a wifi diag mode, and passes completely. Still faults and then locks up. Its becoming a very expensive door stop.....
Old 07-27-2021, 04:53 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Ok, so now that the restore didn't work call tech support again and tell them. There maybe further steps before sending the unit in. I have a D10 and have not had any of these issues.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:40 AM

Hello, Ive been on phone with Snap On diag, We walked thru steps. Ive used 3 different networks with same results. Tool errors immediately upon update. Saying check wireless. 7 and 10 error codes. Snap On is sending a new Triton to swap out.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:35 PM

Awesome! Hope the new one works out!!! I have the D10 also and love it!
Old 12-09-2021, 04:05 AM

Modis500 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledfreek76 View Post
Hello, Ive been on phone with Snap On diag, We walked thru steps. Ive used 3 different networks with same results. Tool errors immediately upon update. Saying check wireless. 7 and 10 error codes. Snap On is sending a new Triton to swap out.
Good morning,

I'm going to be in the market for an updated scanner in the next 6-12 months, and the Triton may be on that list. Have all the errors been corrected after S.O. sent you the second unit? Also, can anyone else chime in with Pros/Cons on this unit? I love my Verus Pro, however it is no longer supported, and wireless is a must for me.
Thanks for the input folks,

Tom
Old 12-09-2021, 05:18 PM

greasybob You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Arrow

If you currently have a Verus I think that you will be disappointed with the graphing capabilities of a D10 or D9. I can't speak for the Triton but it looks similar to the Apollo D9. If you want to save and analyze your graphs I think you might want to look for a used Verus Edge.

On the pro side of things, I think you'll find it faster and you can access the intelligent diagnostics if you want.

I've been wanting to post a comparison between my Verus Edge and my Apollo D9 and show why I think the graphing capabilities are sub par for new scanner. The lack of meaningful scales is just a start. Just my opinion and maybe I'm wrong about the Triton and Apollo having the same scanner capabilities. I would ask for a demo and see if you can try it out for a bit before committing.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:51 PM

mikejag Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Triton D-10 issues

Purchased my Triton D-10 back in March or April 2021 and I have to say that I wish kept my Modis Ultra . The issues are touchscreen freeze/lock up and slow refresh rate while monitoring PiDs during road testing . I gave up on the DVOM function milli volt scale ,totally useless along with the refresh function . Unit has been sent out about 2 months ago to snap on to address issues . Unit sent back and is actually worse now , as in the screen lock up or slow PiD refresh rate will happen just about every time I use it now . Contacted Snap -On in the beginning of December and 2 of the Techs I talked to informed me that software will be released to address at least the lock up and slow refresh issue . If your getting down to milli volts using just the probes ,Forget this unit use a fluke 88 . My Modia had the same DVOM issues as well
Old 12-31-2021, 09:16 AM

mikejag Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thumbs up software update

The update released mid to end of December as of now seemed to fix the slow pid refresh and screen lockup on my Triton D10