Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mainauto
    • Jan 2016

Solus Edge failed update

So I connected to SSC to update my Solus Edge. It downloaded all the updates and said to disconnected scanner and reboot. Once I rebooted it came on and stated beeping. Gives error code 03004 BOM validation failed. Also says software update failed. I can go into tools by holding the yes no buttons on power up. It will let me boot up using the GEP2013.EXP but once i shut it off and try to reboot it goes back to the error.
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mainauto
    So I connected to SSC to update my Solus Edge. It downloaded all the updates and said to disconnected scanner and reboot. Once I rebooted it came on and stated beeping. Gives error code 03004 BOM validation failed. Also says software update failed. I can go into tools by holding the yes no buttons on power up. It will let me boot up using the GEP2013.EXP but once i shut it off and try to reboot it goes back to the error.
    There is some information here on this:
    This forum is intended for discussions about Snap-on Diagnostic's Free software. ShopStream Connect

Call customer care for assistance, they can help.

Procedure to correct the 03004 error if it happens when installing the 15.2 or 15.4 Service Release on a Solus Edge or Modis Ultra:
    1. Download the zip file attached to the post and unzip. One of these 4 files is missing and the source of the error. Each file will cause a different error number (4-7) to be displayed. If you are missing one, you are probably missing all 4 so error 4 is the most common. The file names are STP0300.bmp, STP0301.bmp, STP0341.bmp, STP044.bmp.
    2. Start with the unit Powered off.
    3. Connect the USB cable between your PC and the unit.
    4. Press and hold both the Y and N buttons at the same time and while holding them press the power button.
    5. A Service menu with 3 or 4 selections will be displayed with a “>” pointing to the first selection.
    6. Use the down arrow key to navigate to “Connect To PC” if it is not the first selection in the list.
    7. Press Y to select “Connect to PC. Do not select one of the other selections. The PC should now see the unit as a removable drive.
    8. Open a My Computer or File Explorer Window on your PC. You should see the tool displayed as one of the removable drives. Navigate to the \USERDATA folder on the tool. This is the folder where the unit saves scanner data files and screen captures.
    9. Copy the 4 files you downloaded to the \USERDATA folder on the tool.
    10. Press the power button on the tool and press y when prompted to “Power off”.
    11. Power on the tool to restart the software install. It should go thru the same process it went thru before but now go past the point in the process at which the BOM error was displayed.
    12. Once it finishes this part of the process, follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the update.
    This error has been addressed and should no longer occur after 15.4.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rich Shepherd; 01-14-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• mainauto
      • Jan 2016

Got it up and going. Thanks Rich

Comment

• leosnap
        • Mar 2017

Update error

Hello, I too am experiencing error after ssc updating on my solus edge with 15.2. Only I have an 00816. Any ideas?

Comment

• Atlauto
          • Feb 2018

Had this error issue today, called cst support to no avail, told me to csll my route rep but i had no time to wait so i did as intructed here and it worked! Thank you!!

Comment

• Whitmech
            • Feb 2020

I have the same issue on a ethos tech will this fix it also

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Whitmech
              I have the same issue on a ethos tech will this fix it also
              If it is the same error number and you were installing one of the specific builds listed, its possible.

Comment

• Whitmech
                • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
                If it is the same error number and you were installing one of the specific builds listed, its possible.
                Thanks i will give it a try see if that fixes the problem

Comment

Working...