Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA-WOODCHUCK
    • Sep 2018

GM P0601 error code

I have a 2006 TBSS 6.0L with the above fault which showed up today while checking various codes/input/output tests. Been dealing with this issue, CEL would blink as if key was turned off/on quickly and then AC compressor wouldn't run until key turned off/on. Also while in edge today engine didn't crank until I exited edge. Also showed faults in ABS, trans, etc. which I presume lost "chatting" between modules. Fault looks to be needing PCM replaced.

Don't think so but is it possible the edge caused the P0601 fault?

thanks
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

To date any time I have had a P0601 in any GM vehicle it has always been a faulty ECM.The most common symptoms are "stalls when hot" and/or "will not crank".These symptoms are usually intermittent .
    If you look at the diagnostics,it would be hard to be anything else.Always check published diagnostics.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Has it been tuned? Failed read/writes can cause that code.
      If that's the case it's very possible to fix it with a reflash.
      Not a write-entire. A factory reflash.
      If it hasn't been tuned you most likely have a bad PCM.
      Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        Has it been tuned? Failed read/writes can cause that code.
        If that's the case it's very possible to fix it with a reflash.
        Not a write-entire. A factory reflash.
        If it hasn't been tuned you most likely have a bad PCM.
        Joe
        NO tune, other than 5 years ago I adjusted the duty cycle on clutch fan to come in sooner since I tow our boat in hilly PA.

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
          • Sep 2018

GM is not longer making the PCM, that said open to suggestions for aftermarket ones to purchase. In my area advance auto parts offers the "car done" brand??

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

See if you can find a company called "VINTAGE" parts.
            They buy up new old stock for pennies on the dollar when the manufacturers decide to clear out their own warehouses and write a lot of stuff down, off the books.
            A few times Standard Motor Products (aka Blue Streak) had an ECM available. Dont know if they still do or not.

Comment

• PA-WOODCHUCK
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Crusty
              See if you can find a company called "VINTAGE" parts.
              They buy up new old stock for pennies on the dollar when the manufacturers decide to clear out their own warehouses and write a lot of stuff down, off the books.
              A few times Standard Motor Products (aka Blue Streak) had an ECM available. Dont know if they still do or not.

My local GM dealer located on in NJ so it's on the way. Got it for almost 50% off list. I have a local shop that will program/activate it.

Comment

Working...