SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

I was told that higher octane does not mean higher energy content (btu's). It just represents the fuels ability to resist preignition. The way I see it, if your engine doesn't require high octane fuel due to high compression, its not going to benefit you. Also, higher octane fuel tends to vapor-lock worse in old carbs too.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I'm enjoying my new Snap On vice grips. Nothing makes my happier than knowing I've got a good grip on the situation. So satisfying.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Just bought a slightly used Apollo-D9 that still has 7 months on the Intelligent Diagnostics subscription. Payed about half price of the MSRP of a new one and kept my Verus Edge for now. The smaller data display took a little getting used to but the increased speed and short cuts makes up for it. I figured the Edge may be getting near the end of it's life cycle and this was as good of an opportunity as any to give the next generation of scanners a try while keeping the old one for now. I have four different scopes and find it easier to use keep the scope and scanner as separate tools so I don't think I'll get another combo tool.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

A couple of questions about the Altus cloud. I never really used it before today, I know shame on me, but now that I have both my Verus Edge and Apollo D9 registered, can I move all my old files from my Verus to Altus ? And can Altus files be moved and viewed on Shop Stream Connect ?

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

I would hope that the Verus Edge is still viable for a while yet. Considering that it is the EXACT same hardware (with a slightly different case) as the flagship Zeus. (Shhh, big secret.)

We bought into the "Intelligent" Diagnostics when the Zeus first came out. Now three years later we let it expire as a waste of time and money. In our opinion.

Altus? It's using an online middleman computer to store data on. We just transfer data among our own computers and skip the internet-connected middleman thing. Some people seem to like it though.

I do like the snappy response of the Apollo. Quick boot time, etc too. But haven't yet seen a reason to move to it from our also snappy Solus Edge. Not yet anyway.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

04 E350 was towed in with a no crank, customer stated they already changed the starter. Turning the key to start pulled my jump pack down to 8 volts with a solid thud, good connections. Got a ratchet and socket and I could turn the crankshaft by hand. Hmmm?? Maybe a bad starter, take look. What ????!!!! They got the ground cable on the other solenoid stud. Good thing the battery was weak, no melted battery cables.
              Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I found it rather odd that the Intelligent Diagnostics brought up the misfire menu for a P0171, P0174 code on this 08 Tahoe. Fuel trims or MAF would have been more appropriate. A look at MAF at idle would indicate a low reading. Neither fuel trims or MAF are in the Misfire menu. At least the problem was an easy find, broken intake tube resulting in the low MAF reading.
                Attached Files

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

I warned our young "apprentice" that the "ID" stuff would often lead him down the garden path if he weren't careful. About the third time it made him look dumb he quit using it. When our subscription to it expired no one in the shop cared, not even him.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

A friend on my bike ride in to work this morning. For some reason the albino white tails don't scare as easily as the others. Just stood there across the ditch from me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

"I have some strong evidence that might suggest that you have some mice living in your vehicle" Smile ...say cheese....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• BRIAN617
                        • Dec 2016

They are just there to do a little electrical work!

Which reminds me just how clever they are at no starts. Not long ago I picked up a '16 model Jeep Cherokee from the local Chrysler dealer, which before that came from several other shops with a no start problem. The dealer threw several modules at it and failed to fix it and at the same time ended up shorting out a circuit in the fuse box attempting to jump relays. Tech said "I think that thing has been struck by lighting". In about 15 mins I found high speed data lines shorted together under the rear of the center console concealed nicely in a nest of insulation. Sneaky little guys.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

How well do you know your chevy pickups ? What's wrong with these pictures ? Strange thing is it seems to have been this way for while.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Matt
                            • Dec 2008

Upper a arm adjustment bolts are in backwards.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

That is correct. Makes adjustment for alignment difficult. I put it back the way it's supposed to be.

Comment

• Matt
                                • Dec 2008

What type/brand of alignment machine do you use Bob?

Comment

Working...