Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OBiggAlO
    • Jan 2012

Solus Ultra Cables

I just bought the ultra and traded in my pro, I previously had bought the adapters for the Sprinter and Chry-1 but now i have no cables for them. My Question is will the new ultra cable for obd-1 work with my old adapters. I say old but less than 3 months old. If anyone noticed the new cable has 3 rows of pins and the pro only has 2. EAX0068L01A this is the part number for the new cable for the ultra obd1. Just need to know if it will work with the older odb1 adapter ends
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Adapters will work!

Bigg,

Only the scanner end of the cable has 3 rows of pins. Your old adapters will fit the new Ultra cable.

Bob

Comment

• OBiggAlO
      • Jan 2012

bob the other end of the ultra is a dedicated obdII end and is not removable.

Comment

• Rich Barton
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OBiggAlO
        He should of got the DA-5 cable for the old cars.
        Rich Barton
        C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• CrazyFreak
          • Sep 2011

Euro package comes with the da-5 cable and obd1 adaptor for the euro cars.

Comment

• Chevytruckman1234
            • Mar 2008

Does the Euro update for the Ultra eliminate the keys or are those still using keys?

Comment

• hefaus
              • Dec 2007

Solus Ultra

Attached VAG For Solus Ultra. Seems Euro has keys.. HTH.keep smiling
              Attached Files

Comment

• sbreland73
                • Jan 2009

I think the keys are for the non-OBDII aplications.
                S. Breland

Comment

• Chevytruckman1234
                  • Mar 2008

Thats nice we can make asian and domestic work without keys but not European? Thanks for the link

Comment

• CrazyFreak
                    • Sep 2011

All obd2 are keyless, you only have one obd2 plug, it works on all vehicles that have obd2. The keys are only for mercedes obd1 connector.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OBiggAlO
                      As the others stated, you will need a D-5 accessory cable, well worth the investment..

Comment

• coyote_slayer
                        • Jan 2012

The new OBD-1 cable for Ultra will work with old adapters and personality keys.

I just purchased one this week and use it for European OBD-2 vehicles. My shop already has Solus Pro OBD-1 and OBD-2 adapters for European and because I needed to access them, purchasing only the OBD-1 cable allows me to hook up the Ultra to Euro makes without having to buy the complete Euro kit for $1200.00 dollars. Only the $57.00 cable and the Euro Software, plus my shops already large selection of keys and adapters. Saved me a couple peso's by doing so.

Comment

• jm43130
                          • Apr 2008

Has SO come out with a longer OBD1 cable or extension? They offer a longer OBD2, but since connector is inside vehicle, at least you can test drive vehicle. Ever tried a FOrd or Chrysler OBD 1 connector under hood and tried to test drive vehicle and get cable inside vehicle? Barely enough cable to just get inside window, much less read Ultra screen. Then again with wireless Verus this isn't a problem either, just with Solus Ultra.

Comment

• CrazyFreak
                            • Sep 2011

This?

Originally posted by jm43130
                            Has SO come out with a longer OBD1 cable or extension? They offer a longer OBD2, but since connector is inside vehicle, at least you can test drive vehicle. Ever tried a FOrd or Chrysler OBD 1 connector under hood and tried to test drive vehicle and get cable inside vehicle? Barely enough cable to just get inside window, much less read Ultra screen. Then again with wireless Verus this isn't a problem either, just with Solus Ultra.

Comment

• jm43130
                              • Apr 2008

No , I tried this one and it is same as a DA5 cable. Either we need a 3 row to 3 row of terminal cable or a 2 row to 2 row with male and female ends changed because thumb screws are backwards and you can't physically attach together. You can use this cable, but you have to hold it together with tape or something else. Preferably, we need a 3 row to 3 row so we can extend both DA4 and DA5 cable.

Comment

Working...