Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murdock
    • May 2014

Help with language files.

A friend has bought a Solus Ultra platform second hand. The unit is in German. I am looking for language files in English. Please if anyone has them (they are on the SD card ) share them. I sent an email to support last month but got no answer. If there is anyone who could help i would be grateful.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

" Thanks to The Ultra , we won the war "

If you don't have a selection for language in Tool Box or Set up menu , you might be forced to update it .
    I Googled it , but this is all I found
    removed a url reWW2 code breaking named SolusUltra

Last edited by Witsend; 01-31-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Because
      • Jul 2010

PM Sent

Comment

• alfi34
        • May 2014

I have the same problem. I've just bought 2nd hand Solus Ultra with Dutch interface and I don't know how to change the language to English (or Polish if possible). Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Not sure if this is really the case, but I think that units sold for other language markets can not have it (the language) changed. Due to a different price tag on a device depending on your locale. Microsoft does this with their software, you have a few choices, but not all. Autel has this practice I know for sure, as I got an update and it turned my unit to Chinese, and I had to send it in for a replacement. Like I said, I don't know for certain Snap-on works this way, but I figure if other do it, why not them? I recommend doing a bit more research and ask a seller these details before you buy. HTH
          S. Breland

Comment

• alfi34
            • May 2014

I've managed to change the language of main menu and settings. Thanks to Because for that, however the apps (diagnostic) are in Dutch

Comment

• murdock
              • May 2014

Sorry for the late reply. I also have managed today to put the Lang files on the unit. The Solus Menu is in English but the diagnosis itself is in German. Probably the database files are to blame.

Comment

• murdock
                • May 2014

Hello again. I just wanted to confirm that the problem is in the database files located in the SDCard\Scanner\Database folder. Our database files are with a DE.VAT extension when they should be US or GB (i doubt it is copyright infringement to share database files as you need serials for them to work, we have serials on our units just do not have the data files). Now there are 2 possibilities. Either someone is nice enough to upload database files (Much appreciated but highly doubt that someone wold be so awesome). The second one is that we stick to our devices the way they are and hope for an upgrade in the future financial plan. Thank you again Because.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

That really sucks you can't just take any corrupted or incorrect language card and have any Snap On Truck guy reformat it and just Smackem ze Dyke out of it and rewrite it to it's present software level in a language of your understanding for a very nominal fee.

Comment

• terensco24
                    • Jul 2017

Pdl3000 language problem

Hi,
                    i dont know if this is the right forum to share this
                    I have a second hand SUN PDL3000 diagnostic scanner and the language is in Spanish. I wish to know if it is possible to change the language to English.
                    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comment

• seba672
                      • Feb 2020

Snap On Vantage Pro Polish + update

I do own Snap On Vantage Pro Oscilloscope Snap-on Diagnostic MachineScope Multimeter 14.4

I would like to get latest update + change language to Polish

Snap-On declined as not longer supported

is there any DIY way to update ?

thank so much in advance

Comment

Working...