Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwtiauto
    • Feb 2023

ZEUS Snap-on with External Monitor

Hey, guys! Our automotive training program recently purchased a ZEUS Snap-on diagnostic tool (model: EEMS342) for use with a hybrid training vehicle (Prius) to demonstrate electric vehicle mechanics to our students. We have mounted a new HD monitor at the rear of the exposed cab of the training vehicle with the hopes of connecting it to our ZEUS tool to give a group of students better view of the diagnostic screen as we take it step by step.

The monitor has multiple HDMI ports for input, but the ZEUS tool only has USB-A ports for peripherals. A good USB-A to HDMI cable is almost nonexistent, and since we can't install a video driver on the tool by itself, a video port adapter is not an option. Has anyone been able to connect their ZEUS to an external monitor using only the ports available on the baseline model?

We're aware that there is an optional docking station available for purchase (model: EAA0418L04A) that has an HDMI port present, but we were really hoping to be able to connect the tool to a monitor as-is without any additional purchases, as we allotted our quarterly budget on purchasing the diagnostic tool by itself.

Has anyone been able to connect their ZEUS to an external monitor without the docking station? Thanks in advance; we're really happy with our Snap-on tool and plan to invest in more products in the future!
    Northwest Technical Institute
    709 S Old Missouri Road
    Springdale, AR 72764
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

You can use another computer to connect to a screen, and use that same computer to remotely view the Zeus. I use Chrome Remote Desktop to do it. There are other programs as well.
    As far as I know, it's either that or get the docking station.
    I've never been able to make any other adapter work.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• nwtiauto
      • Feb 2023

Thank you very much, Joe!
      Northwest Technical Institute
      709 S Old Missouri Road
      Springdale, AR 72764

Comment

• cdsfleetrepairs
        • Oct 2011

External monitor

What seems to work for me was, purchased a smart 27” tv then mirrored the Zeus to the tv, works good for 98% of the time sure beats cables, just wish snap on Bluetooth the scope module too the scanner, big disappointment, talk about freedom! Can you imagine a 60” tv on the wall, eye sight sucks when getting older

Comment

Working...