X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coyote_slayer
    • Jan 2012

Programmable Module Installation

Hey Ya'll,

Do any of the SO scan tools offer Ford PMI (Inhale / Exhale Option) without using the J2534 and buying a subscription?

MATCO scanners can pull the data from the old module and once the replacement module is installed, can upload the data from the original module. This is part of their software package and not an add-on. This is NOT programming in the sense that say, a new PCM might require, but rather an instrument cluster. This translates into less $ spent by the customer. Seems SO should be leading the way!

I have a full function Zeuss and cannot find PMI transfer function within the platform. I can program Key FOB's, Transmitters, PATS access & the like but no PMI (inhale / exhale) option if I need to grab old cluster data, I have to use the J2534 with a Ford Download.

See note:

Programmable Module Installation (PMI)
    PMI is a scan tool process which configures settings in a new module. Data used for the PMI process is automatically downloaded from the original module and stored when a scan tool session is started. If this data cannot be retrieved from the module being replaced, the scan tool may prompt for As-Built data entry or display a list of parameter values that need to be manually selected. Some modules are reprogrammed during PMI when a strategy/calibration update is available. To carry out PMI , refer to Programmable Module Installation (PMI) in this section.
    NOTE:
    It is important that the scan tool identifies the vehicle and obtains configuration data prior to removing any modules. The new module must be able to communicate with the scan tool in order to carry out PMI .

Thanks!
  • cgore8383
    • Jul 2013

Snapon scanner cant. Look at forscan.org you can with that and a j2534.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Not true any more ? Was working on a 2021 F150 today when I noticed this. Was available on all modules. This was on my Zeus 22.4 so not sure if it's on all platforms and not sure how far back this is currently available. I hope it gets back filled for bout the last 20 years or so. Also I have not had a chance to try it yet, so maybe it's not what I think it is.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by greasybob; 02-01-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Snap On just released a video in regards to this also, not sure what years it applies too. But its nice to see more programming stuff being added.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Thanks for the reply and info.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

This maybe the video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfE-LX1CmhI

Comment

• zjeep
              • Jun 2008

Thank you for posing that link