Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flores633
    • Feb 2023

Verus edge data slow.

I got this verus edge and it works fine when reading codes but when looking at live data its really slow. If i just select a few pids it gets better but still I think it should be a bit faster. Is there anything I can do to make it faster.
    Also I have seen people talking about upgrading to a ssd would this make the live data faster?
  • spinellib
    • Oct 2022

I'm not sure a new SSD will improve live data speed. Possible, but I'd make sure your bluetooth and wireless module aren't the problem.

I don't have a Verus Edge, but I suggest you look into whether your wireless module has the latest update. It should be available through Shopstream Connect.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Depends on the vehicle you are connected to. Different protocols use different speeds, some are fast, others not so much. Reducing the amount of data PIDs will help the tool refresh faster, but it can only display at the speed output by whatever module you are accessing.
      S. Breland

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Very much. I was looking at PIDs on something and getting a bit screwed up. I went down to the dear indicator PID and put it in Drive. Took almost two seconds for the action to display on the PID. I basically said AHA and went back to what I was doing. Since I knew to allow for a big delay then I could move on. Can't remember what vehicle that was but it was like the slowest I've ever seen. Some vehicles are basically instantaneous read, but most not so much.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

I have seen it in the past on certain vehicles like mentioned above. It's typically a vehicle specific issue due to how the OEM spec'd the module and what Communication protocol they used. It is not always a Scanner/Software issue.

How ever, Just a friendly reminder. When you post an issue like this...

PLEASE_PLEASE post the vehicle information along with the Software version you are using and experiencing the problem on.

Other wise your just peeing into the wind...

Comment

Working...