X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
    I was referring to having a tab above or below the "feed back" tab that would always be there for a direct link to sure track. When you click on it you automatically go to the Sure Track with the Vehicle ID with proper model. engine, etc. already entered so you could ask your question with as little effort as possible.
    I noticed that when I clicked the renew tab on the sure track page that it mentioned that Sure Track is available with a Scanner software update but it makes no mention of it being available at cost $$$$. Is Sure track only available through software updates and Shop Key/Mitchell Pro ? And not with an independent subscription price ?
    I understand what you're suggesting but we're working on something different. For now, users should click the SureTrack button in the main menu. If you have a vehicle selected in the repair product it is transferred to SureTrack.

We currently do not offer standalone subscriptions to SureTrack. Access is through ProDemand or ShopKey Pro, or through a Verus or Verdict scan tool. I would like to offer standalone subs and we may be doing that in the future.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

HEY greasy, any fix you know of for a speedp not working on a 96 olds Achieva ? THis is a one year unit and just traded it. Speedo sensor reporting to ecm and odo. working. Figuring it's in the cluster but can't seem to find one.
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I would probably scavenge the parts from an used cluster to fix it if the proper odometer reading was important. You got a bad stepper motor speedo drive ? Check the solder joints with a magnifying glass.

Comment

• DoctorD907
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by dodge90
          HEY greasy, any fix you know of for a speedp not working on a 96 olds Achieva ? THis is a one year unit and just traded it. Speedo sensor reporting to ecm and odo. working. Figuring it's in the cluster but can't seem to find one.
          Check for battery positive at the speedo

DrD

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Thanks for that info Nick. The quality of questions being asked on Sure Track has improved from when I was last participating a few months ago. maybe they changed that subscription thing ?

Tip of the Day

Subject.... 09 Toyota Tundra 5.7

Symptoms.... The cluster lit up like a Christmas tree. No communication with any CAN modules. Still runs.

Diagnosis.... The cool thing about Toyotas is that they utilize CAN connector plugs where you can unplug one module at a time from the connector. The Verus does not support all the modules on the network so I back probed the CAN high and CAN low wires ta the OBD connector and watch voltages on my Vantage in scope mode to see which modules were corrupting the signal.
            Found ABS, PCM and AC Amplifier modules were all corrupting the CAN signal. Once these were disconnected I could communicate with the modules that were supported.

Remedy..... So far I've ordered new modules.

Synopsis..... Back probing communication wires is a quick way to identify problem modules even if the scanner does not support them.

1st picture should be the bad CAN signal, the 2nd should be the good one
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
              Thanks for that info Nick. The quality of questions being asked on Sure Track has improved from when I was last participating a few months ago. maybe they changed that subscription thing ?
              The subscription policy has been in a effect for a few years. Maybe the quality has improved as people learn by example. We still see new people posting questions with "light" information. We've also been sending welcome e-mails to new members with some details on how to ask a question as well as giving them a link to the FAQs for SureTrack which I've put a lot of work into.

Welcome to the Mitchell 1 Support Center This is where you can Get2Know1 more about your Mitchell 1 products, schedule live training, request assistance from our professional product support teams … and more. Each product line has its own library of resources – click below to get started.

Comment

• dodge90
                • Oct 2014

here's a thought. 96 explorer, speedo jumps and some times dosn't read. Replaced speed sensor before and fixed it. Now doing the same thing, removed sensor to find gear worn and teeth chipped. Going to run the sensor w/ elc. drill to make sure thats the problem but called around and short of going to yard to find another one cause no one has it, was thinking what if I JUST TAPPED into one of the abs sensors for a speed reading? Should be the same signal I think. Yes, No, Maybe. My car so I could care less How it gets fixed. I already would assume speedo would be off but how much??? Don't care as long as shift points are close. Just cut the floor for a fuel pump. Better than dropping that 29 yr old tank. LOL Comments, Suggestions?

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

here's a thought. 96 explorer, speedo jumps and some times dosn't read. Replaced speed sensor before and fixed it. Now doing the same thing, removed sensor to find gear worn and teeth chipped. Going to run the sensor w/ elc. drill to make sure thats the problem but called around and short of going to yard to find another one cause no one has it, was thinking what if I JUST TAPPED into one of the abs sensors for a speed reading? Should be the same signal I think. Yes, No, Maybe. My car so I could care less How it gets fixed. I already would assume speedo would be off but how much??? Don't care as long as shift points are close. Just cut the floor for a fuel pump. Better than dropping that 29 yr old tank. LOL Comments, Suggestions?
                  Just because no one "has it" doesn't mean a Ford parts person can't order it in. I guess it depends on whether you can get just the gear you need or, more typically, you have to order some kind of "assembly". A good parts person is worth their weight in gold, if they're willing to do some digging.
                  What about a transmission shop that you may know near by-?? Maybe they have something laying around, or, their parts sources may have the gear you need available.
                  I don't think tapping into the wheel speed sensor will fly. Some manufacturers have done it but their internal system programming is designed for it. You may end up with a buggered speedo AND a buggered abs to boot.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
                    The subscription policy has been in a effect for a few years. Maybe the quality has improved as people learn by example. We still see new people posting questions with "light" information. We've also been sending welcome e-mails to new members with some details on how to ask a question as well as giving them a link to the FAQs for SureTrack which I've put a lot of work into.

http://m1training.net/get2know/suretrack/faq/
                    What about having "confirmation" fields to verify the basics such as Year, Make, Model, Options, etc-?? Ya, another step to jump through but can avoid confusions.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                      What about having "confirmation" fields to verify the basics such as Year, Make, Model, Options, etc-?? Ya, another step to jump through but can avoid confusions.
                      Not sure what you mean here. You already have to pick a year, make, model and engine when posting a question.

What options do you want to know?

Comment

• dodge90
                        • Oct 2014

Crusty, couldn't agree with you 100% . Called the dealer and the one guy I trust found me the correct gear and ordered it up. As far as my tranny guys they looked but due to the age and # of teeth didn't have one. I saved a good and hand full of these but teeth were diff. Ran a drill on speedo sensor and speedo worked as it should. Just hopping the gear in the transfer case is good.

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
                          Not sure what you mean here. You already have to pick a year, make, model and engine when posting a question.

What options do you want to know?
                          Ya, you have to pick 'em, but have those selections confirmed before they're accepted.
                          As for other options, There are many engines of the same displacement that have different VIN codes, Automatic vs Standard transmissions, ABS, A/C, the list could go on and I'm sure some other people could come up with some other suggestions.

Comment

• Crusty
                            • Dec 2007

Crusty, couldn't agree with you 100% . Called the dealer and the one guy I trust found me the correct gear and ordered it up. As far as my tranny guys they looked but due to the age and # of teeth didn't have one. I saved a good and hand full of these but teeth were diff. Ran a drill on speedo sensor and speedo worked as it should. Just hopping the gear in the transfer case is good.
                            Hope you can get that gear in-!!
                            A good parts person is worth their weight in gold-!!

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

A good parts guy is great for confirming the obsolete part #'s for a 29 year old vehicle before looking for it on E-bay. LMFAO

Comment

• dodge90
                                • Oct 2014

yea e-bay was my next step but the parts guy got me 2 correct ones for 9 bucks. Only sold in 2 pack. now I got a spare lol

Comment

Working...