So how do people actually use this site?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

So how do people actually use this site?

Okay, so Im curious...how in the world does Suretrack decide what parts replacement graph to show on a question?

They make no sense half the time(that I even look at them when responding to a question) For instance the one I attached is for an Equinox with a draw...the number one replacement is a battery(which is the symptomatic failure, not the cause) and then all the other parts in the graph are unrelated.....

Ill be honest I only just recently started actually looking at the charts and tips and things like someone using for help would be as opposed to just offering help to others. And I have to say that Im not impressed with the history repair graphs, the search feature or the the way they integrate to each other.

If I had to pay for this service I wouldnt be happy with the way the site is curated. Based on my short (1yr) experience with 1dentifix I would deem it to be the superior product at this point. How much does Suretrack/Prodemand cost these days?
    Attached Files
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

The CRP charts are based on information from work orders where a shop put a symptom and a fix. Battery drain is one of those problems that a lot of shops might sell a battery first before finding the actual fix.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

Lol! I see that a cabin air filter resolved the problem a few times as well. Maybe you should try that!

Comment

• Scott 79
        • Mar 2014

Always rotate tires for a parasitic draw around here... LOL

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Don't forget the headlight fluid.

Comment

• liljoe
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
            Don't forget the headlight fluid.

I remember when exhaust fluid was just a joke too!

Comment

• ericsautomotive
              • Mar 2014

All kidding aside..... I've seen a cabin air filter installed incorrectly and pinch the wiring for the HVAC.... So replacing the cabin air did correct a draw... Right ?? LMAO ! ! !

Heck, fill the blinker fluid and back it out the door ! ! ! LOL
              Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

The parts graph is made to show all parts replaced on a similar car with similar mileage. Not just ones that match the symptoms. I was one of the people who pushed for this. My thought was it may give you an opportunity for an additional upsell. If I saw that a lot of water pumps were replaced on this car at about this time in its life, I would check to see if it was leaking as well as what ever else I was looking for.

Flame away.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Skip
                  The parts graph is made to show all parts replaced on a similar car with similar mileage. Not just ones that match the symptoms. I was one of the people who pushed for this. My thought was it may give you an opportunity for an additional upsell. If I saw that a lot of water pumps were replaced on this car at about this time in its life, I would check to see if it was leaking as well as what ever else I was looking for.

Flame away.
                  No flames required. The charts are tied to what you search but we're constantly tweaking the results. Since the data comes from work orders matching them to the searches can be tricky. Battery Draw is just so generic in a shop. If you look at the charts that are tied to a code search or most other symptoms, you'll see a difference.
                  SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• maven
                    • Mar 2014

Flame away.
                    Im not gonna flame but that makes the graph seem even less useful to me than I thought it was when I believed it was just purely curated relevant repair results....if it shows everything getting replaced on a particular vehicle thats just asinine to me as a diagnostic aid. If SureTrack was an upsell assistance community Id be ok, but its a diagnostic assistance community.

Comment

• Trindaddy
                      • Jan 2010

Flame away.
                      You can take off the suit Skip, we love you guys. Besides, who knew these charts were designed that way....i didn't.

I'll bet that there was even a brake pad sensor or 2 that was creating a draw?!

You guys are great--Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...