X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schurkey
    • Apr 2021

Solus Pro vs. EBC-310 ABS bleeding

My first post on this forum.

I damaged my MTG2500 several weeks ago. The screen is damaged, and the Primary and Troubleshooter cartridges are now solvent (gasoline) welded into place so they can't be pulled out any more. Replaced it with an eBay Solus Pro 8.2, which is new enough to work with every vehicle I own. I'm just getting used to the Solus Pro platform; and as a hobby-user, although I had a '2500 for closing on 20 years, I was using it on average, maybe once a month, not three times a day like a pro would.

I used the Solus Pro last week, to cycle the ABS on my '03 Trailblazer. Worked great--the ABS bleeding automatically went through 6 cycles at the push of a few buttons. My first time ever using a scan tool to bleed the ABS. Totally impressed.

I was hoping to use the Solus Pro today, to activate the ABS unit during the brake-bleeding procedure of my '97 Chevy K2500. Kelsey-Hays "EBC-310" ABS. GM says to use a "Tech 1" to cycle the ABS for bleeding. The ABS unit should be scan-tool compatible.

However,when I scroll through the ABS options for codes, data, etc., there's no option on the '2500 or the Solus Pro that I can find for ABS bleeding on that vehicle. Is that option hiding somewhere? Corrupted software?

Thanks for any help, folks.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

That coverage exists in newer updates. I just checked. If it's not in your scanner then it hadn't been added at the time. Because updates for the Solus Pro are no longer available, you are out of luck getting that scanner to do the Automated Brake Bleed on that vehicle.
    The only possibility might be if you tried IDing a different engine, or 4WD/2WD option to see if it appears.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Schurkey
      • Apr 2021

Thank you!

Any idea on the earliest update that included that function?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

No. Sorry. I couldn't even venture a guess. Snap-on has always been pretty good at getting ABS brake bleed functions in there right away. I'm surprised it's not there, but don't have a clue when it finally made it in there.
        Joe
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Schurkey
          • Apr 2021

That's part of life when buying used tools for hobby work, I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Comment

• Schurkey
            • Apr 2021

My Solus Pro 8.2 says to use Key K9; and has no option to bleed the ABS on '97 Chevy K2500 EBC310.

Tried a Solus Pro running 14.2, says to use Key K25, and the option to bleed ABS is available.

Tried Key K25 in my 8.2, still no option to bleed ABS. Bummer.

The ABS bleeding must have been added after 8.2, but on or before 14.2.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Glad you figured it out, but sorry that your scanner doesn't have it.

Joe
              Henry Ford

Comment

Working...