Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corvette Rick
    • Jul 2020

TPMS4 Doesnt Trigger White Screen Issue Out of the box

Here we go again with another wonderful Snap on TPMS product. First it was the defective TPMS5 out of the box, i gave it a year and decided id try the older TPMS4 so i could program sensors since the Autel only programs MX sensors.

Well i bought it new secondhand and whenever you press the trigger button, it turns the screen white, flashes, and doesnt really do much. Sometimes you had to power cycle it to get out of the white screen but it does it again when you go back to trigger. Sometimes your able to back out and it drains the battery down really fast but you cant even trigger anything it just spazzes the machine out. I had it fully charged according to the battery indicator and left it charged for hours, same thing, immediate white screen. Its completely unusable. Any suggestions?

My instinct tells me its a bad battery but its a brand new unit seems unlikely. Id hate to have to buy another battery only for it to not fix this issue. Open to suggestions. Ive updated the unit to current software as well, no change.

At this point ive asked for my money back yet again. I'll never buy another Snap on TPMS product as long as i live the quality of this line has been junk twice out of the box for two different generation of tools.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Sorry that happened. There was a run of bad batteries on the TPMS4. That tool has been REALLY solid until that happened. I know for you it is a matter of lightening striking twice, but that tool really is good.
    The TPMS5 had some growing pains in that the signal strength for the radio was reduced in order to prevent false triggering of the wrong wheel. It was addressed with a software download. Still not as strong as the TPMS4 though.

Hope you got it sorted out though.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Corvette Rick
      • Jul 2020

Thanks for the response. The whole experience has been about as bad as it can get. I sent the TPMS4 back and the post office has lost it, so now I'm out of the money and no broken tool so its just a total loss. I debated ordering a battery at the time for it but because it was brand new and 142.50 for a new battery was outrageous its a tiny square, seriously over priced.

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        Sorry that happened. There was a run of bad batteries on the TPMS4. That tool has been REALLY solid until that happened. I know for you it is a matter of lightening striking twice, but that tool really is good.
        The TPMS5 had some growing pains in that the signal strength for the radio was reduced in order to prevent false triggering of the wrong wheel. It was addressed with a software download. Still not as strong as the TPMS4 though.

Hope you got it sorted out though.

Joe
        Joe, Ive read on here and other review sites people all have the same complaint about the TPMS5 not triggering, i havent used it since 2021 but you say theres been software updates to address that issue ?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Corvette Rick
          Joe, Ive read on here and other review sites people all have the same complaint about the TPMS5 not triggering, i havent used it since 2021 but you say theres been software updates to address that issue ?
          There was a software update a while back that addressed signal strength. I don't believe it'll ever transmit as strongly as the TPMS4, but it did turn it up. Another update cam out a short while back that showed the proper way to point the tool. You don't point it diagonally, like the rubber grip shows. The antenna points straight out the top, and the latest software shows that on screen so the user knows it. Just connect it to WiFi to install them.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

Working...