Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

Ultra wont read Hyundia freeze frame

Had a 05 Elantra 2.0 liter vin.KMHDN46D65U121440 with p0139 in the shop when I tried to get freeze frame data with my solus ultra with 11.4 I got this screen.
    So I tried to get it Via OBD direct then I got the same result.
    I broke out my old Solus with 12.2 on it and it read the vehicle freeze frame with out any problems.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this?
    Attached Files
  • Chevytruckman1234
    • Mar 2008

I have used it on an 05 elantra with success. Doesn't show the STFT and LTFT on the enhanced side have to go into generic to get that for some reason but freeze frame works ok for me 12.2 solus ultra

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
      • Jul 2012

connect your solus ultra to the shopstream and download the bug fixes to it

Comment

• Oct 2007

I will connect to the shopstream today and see if it download an update thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Oct 2007

Hooked up to shopstream and I was informed there were not updates available for my Solus Ultra. I am still to be impressed by the Solus Ultra it is sad when you spend the kind of $ that snap on wants only to have a tool that really does not give you any more features than the old tool you had. It does have touch screen and needs no keys just give me a tool that does what it is supposed to do and keep the touch screen. The tool should give all the pids that are needed to repair a vehicle. I had an 02 Elantra that gives you no F.T.P. reading any where in the pid list that I could find makes it hard to repair an evap problem when you cant read the FTP. But I guess the touch screen and no keys are suposed to make up for the missing pids.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ephratah service center
            Hooked up to shopstream and I was informed there were not updates available for my Solus Ultra. I am still to be impressed by the Solus Ultra it is sad when you spend the kind of $ that snap on wants only to have a tool that really does not give you any more features than the old tool you had. It does have touch screen and needs no keys just give me a tool that does what it is supposed to do and keep the touch screen. The tool should give all the pids that are needed to repair a vehicle. I had an 02 Elantra that gives you no F.T.P. reading any where in the pid list that I could find makes it hard to repair an evap problem when you cant read the FTP. But I guess the touch screen and no keys are suposed to make up for the missing pids.
            It's even MORE important for ALL the Pids a vehicle is capable of displaying to be displayed than a fancy touch screen.
            Can it be expected that techs in the field even know what pids are in any manufacturers datastream??? Of course not. We RELY ON SnapON to provide those pids in their entirety so we can see what the ECM/PCM is seeing so we can diagnose the problems.
            No one knows, off the top of their head, what the pids are for a Toyota, Nissan, Volvo, Jaguar, GM, Ford or Chrysler vehilce.
            It's the job of the scanner to display the pids for us, otherwise it's just a code reader (that can't display freeze-frame in the first post in this thread)

A MISSING PID, Any missing pid, for Any manufacturer or vehicle is wrong, incomplete and inaduquate for a professional tool.

Comment

Working...