Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carfixer
    • Apr 2015

abs

hey was just wondering.....have a 03 ram 2500 gas engine tried to do the abs bleed with both a solus ultra and a verus didn't work and would not let me a bort the test had to shut the scanners down has anyone experienced this????? both have the 16.4 software
  • carfixer
    • Apr 2015

no replies....thanks for nothing I suppose

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by carfixer
      no replies....thanks for nothing I suppose
      No need for an "attitude". Perhaps no one has run across what you're experiencing and thus no replies.
      There "could" be a hole in the SnapOn test but it isn't confirmed.
      Have you any access to another brand of scanner to see if it will perform the test for you-??

Comment

• carfixer
        • Apr 2015

my apology....didn't mean for it to come out that way.... the only other scanner I had was a old dominator didn't offer that test... I know sometimes they have holes in the software...called snap on we will see what happens.again sorry for anyone I may have offended

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by carfixer
          my apology....didn't mean for it to come out that way.... the only other scanner I had was a old dominator didn't offer that test... I know sometimes they have holes in the software...called snap on we will see what happens.again sorry for anyone I may have offended
          No harm, no foul.
          You'll find that the people here are pretty courteous compared to other sites. Lots of good people who do try to help when they can.
          The vehicle in question is now 14 years old so back filling of the holes doesn't tend to happen very quickly. They prioritize the need and the potential frequency of something that may be either inoperative or missing, so it may be something that never gets addressed. Bummer but I can understand it....to a point.
          There is also a possibility that the 3/4 ton version of the vehicle doesn't actually have that particular function...at least in the manner we, or most, are used to. There may be a "work around" to achieve what you were trying to do but I personally haven't seen a 2003 Dodge 3/4 ton gas engine where I needed to find out.
          In "theory" the scanners should do what they say they'll do but....real world is far different from "theory".
          Have a good weekend.

Comment

Working...