Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monzanick
    • Dec 2011

honda accord tpms

ive got a 2008 accord in and we had to replace the tire sensor(rolling around in tire) we slapped in a new sensor and can't seem to get the initilization to work. any ideas??? I just bought my ultra and ill admit, im not too familiar with it yet.
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

There is a TPMS selection from the main menu after you ID the car. Then select functional tests, sensor id learning.

Comment

• monzanick
      • Dec 2011

relearn.

I went into function tests id relearn. then watched it do nothing. thought it was the tool we use to "ping" sensors so we tried to let air out of tire to send signal to car, no change. light is currently no on now, but data shows 0 pressure tire 2 and 400 degrees. this has been confirmed by our neighbor shop with another type o scanner. they didn't have relearn on their scanner so i couldn't try it at their shop.

Comment

• Automotive Technician
        • Jul 2011

Have you tried to program the nissan TPMS wheel sensors yet? If not you will need the j-45295 tool to wake the sensors up. Another 300 bucks. Independent shops get screwed every which way you turn.

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

Originally posted by monzanick
          but data shows 0 pressure tire 2 and 400 degrees.
          are you sure your new sensor is good?

here's the procedure copy & paste:

Memorizing the Tire Pressure Sensor ID

Special Tools Required
          TPMS sensor initializer tool AKS0620006
          Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment
          Program; call 888-424-6857

All four tire pressure sensor IDs must be memorized to the TPMS control unit whenever you do any of these actions:

Replace the TPMS control unit.
          Replace the tire pressure sensor.
          Substitute a known-good wheel with tire pressure sensor.
          NOTE:

To ensure the control unit memorizes the correct ID, the vehicle with the new sensor must be at least 10 ft (3 m) away from other vehicles that have tire pressure sensors.
          When doing a tire rotation, memorizing the sensors in not needed.
          With the ignition switch at LOCK (0) wait 5 minutes or more for the TPMS sensors to go to sleep mode. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.

Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
          Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the TPMS control unit. If it doesn't, troubleshoot the DLC circuit.
          Select Sensor ID Learning from the mode menu on the HDS.
          Follow HDS screen prompts to turn on the TPMS sensor initializer tool (A). Verify that the power switch (B) is in the "Low" position.

Hold the TPMS sensor initializer tool near one wheel, memorize the pressure sensor ID by following the screen prompts on the HDS.
          NOTE:

If you turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) before memorizing all four sensor IDs, the memorizing ID is canceled.
          See the HDS Help menu for specific instructions.

Repeat step 6 for each wheel until all four sensor IDs are memorized. When all four IDs are memorized, the low tire pressure indicator blinks.
          Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
          Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.
          Test-drive the vehicle at 28 mph (45 km/h) or more for at least 1 minute.
          Make sure the low tire pressure indicator does not blink.
          Reduce the pressure in one tire until it is less than the appropriate specification.
          Make sure the low tire pressure indicator turns on, then inflate the tire.
          Repeat step 12 to 16 for all the other tires.
          Clear any DTCs with the HDS.

skip any steps? hope this helps.

Comment

• Rich Barton
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by crackerclicker
            are you sure your new sensor is good?

here's the procedure copy & paste:

Memorizing the Tire Pressure Sensor ID

Special Tools Required
            TPMS sensor initializer tool AKS0620006
            Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment
            Program; call 888-424-6857

All four tire pressure sensor IDs must be memorized to the TPMS control unit whenever you do any of these actions:

Replace the TPMS control unit.
            Replace the tire pressure sensor.
            Substitute a known-good wheel with tire pressure sensor.
            NOTE:

To ensure the control unit memorizes the correct ID, the vehicle with the new sensor must be at least 10 ft (3 m) away from other vehicles that have tire pressure sensors.
            When doing a tire rotation, memorizing the sensors in not needed.
            With the ignition switch at LOCK (0) wait 5 minutes or more for the TPMS sensors to go to sleep mode. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.

Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the TPMS control unit. If it doesn't, troubleshoot the DLC circuit.
            Select Sensor ID Learning from the mode menu on the HDS.
            Follow HDS screen prompts to turn on the TPMS sensor initializer tool (A). Verify that the power switch (B) is in the "Low" position.

Hold the TPMS sensor initializer tool near one wheel, memorize the pressure sensor ID by following the screen prompts on the HDS.
            NOTE:

If you turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) before memorizing all four sensor IDs, the memorizing ID is canceled.
            See the HDS Help menu for specific instructions.

Repeat step 6 for each wheel until all four sensor IDs are memorized. When all four IDs are memorized, the low tire pressure indicator blinks.
            Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.
            Make sure the low tire pressure indicator does not blink.
            Reduce the pressure in one tire until it is less than the appropriate specification.
            Make sure the low tire pressure indicator turns on, then inflate the tire.
            Repeat step 12 to 16 for all the other tires.
            Clear any DTCs with the HDS.

skip any steps? hope this helps.
            Hi Crackerclicker,

This procedure is correct, but I seem to remember when you use the tpms tool to wake up the tire pressure sensor you have to do each wheel 3 times before going to the next sensor at least on hondas with using my bartec 300+. If you only wake up each sensor 1 time it will not shut the tpms light on the dash off.

Maybe this helps
            Rich Barton
            C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

According to the TPM3 tool you have to first read the sensors with the tool then plug the TPMS3 into the OBD port and download the sensor information. I can't recall resetting an Accord but so far this method has worked on every vehicle that I was prompted to perform it on.

Comment

• Rich Barton
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                According to the TPM3 tool you have to first read the sensors with the tool then plug the TPMS3 into the OBD port and download the sensor information. I can't recall resetting an Accord but so far this method has worked on every vehicle that I was prompted to perform it on.
                Morning Greasybob,

The TPM3 and the bartec 400 are different from the other tire tools they write threw the dlc.
                Rich Barton
                C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                  • Jan 2011

Its been a while but I believe we preformed this on 09 accord. Customer hit a curb. We also had to do the steering angle position relearn.

If memory serves me right, we did the relarn procedure but we wrote down the info from the new sensor and wrote it in with the scanner. I know for sure We did not have to use a wake up tool because we didn't have one!!! This was also in the older 10.4 software.

I don't know what it was that month, but we had a few TPMS car issues come in. One was a brand new 2010 acura with less then 3000 miles and it was in for the same thing as the accord. I know we replaced the rim and tire because of the crack in the rim and damage to the bead and sidwall but I don't believe the sensor was bad on that one. I remeber having to I.D. it as an 09 so I could preform the steering angle calibration.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Rich Barton
                    Hi Crackerclicker,

This procedure is correct, but I seem to remember when you use the tpms tool to wake up the tire pressure sensor you have to do each wheel 3 times before going to the next sensor at least on hondas with using my bartec 300+. If you only wake up each sensor 1 time it will not shut the tpms light on the dash off.

Maybe this helps
                    thanks, rich, i wasn't aware of that. hopefully i remember this post if i ever run into one of these!

Comment

• monzanick
                      • Dec 2011

ping 3 times

Yup ya gotta ping the sensors 3 times to get each one to learn with the current software an a bartec 400. jus knock three times I guess.. =D

Comment

Working...