Clear All
  • Because
    • Jul 2010

Bug Report

2004 Ford Focus SVT
    2.0L DOHC
    3FAHP30564R126371

Solus Ultra 12.4

Absolutely no PID DATA for the VCT (Variable Cam Timing) system on this car. Went through every data item in every engine menu selection and nothing to be found. Ford WDS tool has all PIDS available so it is in there.
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Haven't had to search for this, but remember, just because OEM tool has it, our aftermarket stuff may not. I know we pay top $$$ for this stuff, but Ford may not release some of this info to the aftermarket companies.
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar

Comment

• fueltrim01
      • Apr 2008

No communitation on 05 subaru 2.5 XT Vin 4S4BP67C754379050, Ok with OBD Direct, 13.2 software.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Modis500
        Haven't had to search for this, but remember, just because OEM tool has it, our aftermarket stuff may not. I know we pay top $$$ for this stuff, but Ford may not release some of this info to the aftermarket companies.
        AFAIC either cover a vehicle PROPERLY and COMPLETELY or admit upfront that they can't do the job. For years SO bragged about how they "reverse enfineered" all the data. More recently I've been told they do "purchase" some information from the OEM's and it sometimes isn't complete. Fine. Put your "reverse engineering" skills to work and include the pids.
        Pid Data.
        The first thing a scan tool does (or should do) after a CODE READER.

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Because
          2004 Ford Focus SVT
          2.0L DOHC
          3FAHP30564R126371

Solus Ultra 12.4

Absolutely no PID DATA for the VCT (Variable Cam Timing) system on this car. Went through every data item in every engine menu selection and nothing to be found. Ford WDS tool has all PIDS available so it is in there.
          I have verified that this is being worked on I will let you known when it will be released.

Jay

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

THANKS for letting us know that it's on the radar.

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fueltrim01
              No communitation on 05 subaru 2.5 XT Vin 4S4BP67C754379050, Ok with OBD Direct, 13.2 software.
              Are you having this issue using the Verus or the Modis?

What system were you trying to access?

If it is the Modis there is a new key K30 that is needed for Subaru.

Jay

Comment

• fueltrim01
                • Apr 2008

It was on the Verus, both engine and abs no comm.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

I Have a customer who has a 2007 Subaru that I need a K30 Personality Key for my Solus-Pro.
                  I'll give him a call and see if the Solus-Ultra will communicate on Monday.

FuelTrim01- In the meantime, call Tech Support and see if there are any other issues reported with communication for Subarus with 13.2

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

I plugged into a 2007 Subaru Forester today with the Ultra and had no problem communicating other than the initial start comm sequence where the machine said that the controller needed to be "identified" for communication to initialize. The key was already on and the engine was running when it asked for the ignition to be turned "on".....it already was and it didn't like it when I turned the engine off to then turn the key on again. Bit of a PITA but it did get into all three engine data groups.

Comment

• monzanick
                      • Dec 2011

Ford compatibility

Originally posted by Modis500
                      I went to a ids class the other day. according to the instructor snap on is in charge of making the ids work properly. So exactly how much "reverse engineering" is needed to walk across the hall for the information?

Oh, lemme guess! there is a scary bug on the carpet in the middle of the hallway! Thats what kept my toddler from using the bathroom in the middle of the night, so it must be what keeps snap on from getting everything on their scanners...

Comment

Working...