Updating 10.2 to 11.2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap-on_ULTRA
    • Jul 2012

To be completely specific Snap-on most likely does not reverse engineer software
    This is what I think also. If the factory diagnostic software is only available to dealers for the newest models 2011-2012 then how will snap-on have the information about commands unless they buy the information or have a spy at every dealership who steals all the software.
    I think they buy what ever manufacturer sells them, and manufacturer does not sell them ALL the information, this may explain why there are many features missing.

this explains why there is no Saab coverage, despite the last 10 years Saab has the same diagnostic info as GM cars, simply because snap-on did not pay for the rights.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Snap-on_ULTRA
      This is what I think also. If the factory diagnostic software is only available to dealers for the newest models 2011-2012 then how will snap-on have the information about commands unless they buy the information or have a spy at every dealership who steals all the software.
      I think they buy what ever manufacturer sells them, and manufacturer does not sell them ALL the information, this may explain why there are many features missing.

this explains why there is no Saab coverage, despite the last 10 years Saab has the same diagnostic info as GM cars, simply because snap-on did not pay for the rights.
      This was the impression I was under.
      S. Breland

Comment

Working...