Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lester319
    • Apr 2012

Cylinder Contribution Test

I am doing the cylinder contribution test on a 03 F350 6.0L diesel. Are the cylinders listed in firing order or are they the actual cylinder numbers?
  • roadracer587
    • Mar 2012

If I am not mistaken the cylinders are in firing order. At one point in time I think I remember that they were in cylinder number sequence and caused so many problems that the vehicles were reflashed to be in firing order. With this said, the only way to know for sure is to disable a known cylinder and see where it shows up on the contribution test. Hopefully this helps.
    No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!

Comment

• CrazyFreak
      • Sep 2011

I have never seen it on a ford diesel but on the gas engine they are the actual cylinder # not the the firing order.

Comment

• lester319
        • Apr 2012

I am new to the solus so I never used it on a gas engine. On the diesel it lists the firing order on the top of the page, then it lists cylinder 1 thru 8, so I'm assuming they list it in firing order.

Comment

• Ricemiester
          • Jan 2010

I know this post is a bit old but they are always listed by cyl number. 1 through 4 is from the front of engine to the rear on passenger side, and 5 thru 8 is from front to rear on drivers side. Hope this helps

Comment

• dave-m
            • Feb 2011

On the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel cylinders are 1, 3, 5, 7 front to back right side and 2, 4, 6, 8 front to back left. Cylinder Contribution is listed by proper cylinder.

Comment

• Yahiko
              • Oct 2012

How do you go about starting the Ford Cylinder Contribution Test?
              I have a Solus with 7.2

Thanks
              Sean

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Yahiko
                How do you go about starting the Ford Cylinder Contribution Test?
                I have a Solus with 7.2

Thanks
                Sean
                Sean, That test was not available until 9.4 and for CAN vehicles, 11.2 software.

Bob
                Last edited by Bob's Garage; 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Yahiko
                  • Oct 2012

Bob,
                  Thank you for the update on that. Is there any way I can get the newer
                  11.2 for less than the 12.4? The only thing I am working on is 6.0L PSD
                  2003~2007 and would like to keep the funder for some other very expensive
                  Ford specialty tools ($300.00~$500.00 each for 2 seal set tools).
                  Thanks

Sean

Comment

• diesel71
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Yahiko
                    Bob,
                    Thank you for the update on that. Is there any way I can get the newer
                    11.2 for less than the 12.4? The only thing I am working on is 6.0L PSD
                    2003~2007 and would like to keep the funder for some other very expensive
                    Ford specialty tools ($300.00~$500.00 each for 2 seal set tools).
                    Thanks

Sean
                    sean, All my work is on the light duty diesels,if your going to work on the 6.0 you will want the latest update 12.4. The investment is worth the money,there are several functional test"s that make diagnosing the 6.0 a snap,the functional tests/componet test and troubleshooter are a welth of information and help. just my opinon

Comment

Working...