X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
    Nick, I'm still wondering what is the policy on posting information as pdf or copy and paste from On Demand or an OEM information system or even from another third party source (All Data, Identi Fix, etc. ).
    From any Mitchell/Snap-on product it's fine, and since we have licenses with all of the OEMs, that should be ok as well. When you get to competitors or forums or other sources, it's a little more dicey.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Thanks.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MasterWrench
        Yes...that is the idea....now do that with a page in ProDemand. What program did you use to do this?
        I use Google Chrome on Windows, and it has this feature you are seeking built in already. Simply select PRINT from the settings drop down menu, then change the destination of the print, most likely your regular printer, then you have the choice for PDF file! I tried with Internet Explorer (though an old 9.0) it it was not there. HTH
        S. Breland

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MasterWrench
          Yes...that is the idea....now do that with a page in ProDemand. What program did you use to do this?
          BullZip PDF printer is a printer "emulator". I just use any "print" function that is available (like the one at the top of IE-9 or 10-??) and then a box pops up where I can print to my real paper printer or print to the "emulator" which creates the PDF. While in that process of printing to the emulator, I can name the file and save it to a folder of choice.
          I think the other programs suggested might function in a similar manner.
          Download the program, "install" the "printer", you can even set the "printer" as the default printer the same way you would any other printer.
          HTH

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
            From any Mitchell/Snap-on product it's fine, and since we have licenses with all of the OEMs, that should be ok as well. When you get to competitors or forums or other sources, it's a little more dicey.
            Thanks for clarifying that Nick.
            Greasybob is correct. We need to be careful not to violate copyright laws.

Comment

Working...