06 E250 4.6L missfire solus cant detect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autodoc
    • Aug 2008

crackerclicker's talking foolishness the launch x431 master is a better scan tool than the solus pro any day of the week even the autobossv30 it just goes to show snapon's software techs aint doing enough work to iron out the
    problems of course you should be able to detect a simple misfire on a "ford" good thing you got the ids to fall back on or else you would still have the customer breathing down your neck. the thing to do though is to start reading your data stream inj ms,air mass flow,etc

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

very keen of you to jump in on a nearly three month old thread .

Originally posted by autodoc
      the launch x431 master is a better scan tool than the solus pro any day of the week even the autobossv30
      LOL!!!! perhaps in the land of the union jack, but not here under the stars & stripes .

foolishly yours,
      crackerclicker

Comment

• autodoc
        • Aug 2008

lol nah

nah it's all good m8 was just voiceing my opinion didn't really look at how long post was. i had registered with forum ages ago but had'nt bothered to log in but i tell you the launch will run circles around the solus pro. even the new verus cant compete with the pegisys in terms of price and functionality seriously im getting rid of my solus pro, you are in the states aren't you? google it and compare"pegisys" i'm presently negotiating to buy one.

any way merry xmas and a haPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU M8

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

i understand, autodoc, it seems snappy has some major issues across the pond. so, i can certainly see where other tools are getting it done with domestic euro applications. here in the states the snappy tools are, in my opinion, currently the best aftermarket scanners available.
          merry christmas and a happy new year to you as well .

Comment

• AutoTech
            • Apr 2007

I agree with crackerclicker here in the states snap on scan tools run circles around anything OTC has to offer.

Comment

• stanprophet
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 66superduty
              i had to learn in mode 6 not to go by the (PASS) or ok, but to look at the count of miss fires on a cld, even if it said it passed it might show 1100 miss fires against a score of 39,000. hope this helps
              Correct, if it fails the test it throws a pending code.

To the OP the problem is not the scan tool but the way that ford runs the misfire monitor and the threshold that it uses. I have had fords have a dead miss that would not show up on mode 6 under the counters, I have had some fords throw a MIL without having a felt misfire. The cylinder contribution would be a nice option to have though.

When this happens it usually seems to be a coil pack failure, this can be picked up by using a Low amp probe to monitor the coil ramp. And of course the injectors can be checked also
              Last edited by stanprophet; 12-29-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• jd68
                • Oct 2009

Just my 2 cents

Mode 6 is non continuous monitors that only run under certain conditions. TID 53 is cylinder misfire by the rate of catalyst deterioration. It only runs when a code is set or cleared. If you have a misfire and the values read 0's, all that means is it didn't pick up the miss the last time the test ran. What I do is get the vehicle to miss and while it is misfiring, go in and clear codes. Even if there isn't any. Then go back to TID 53 and look at actual values. Find the cylinders that register anything other than all 0's, then multiply that # times .000015. The answer is the amount of catalyst deterioration from that cylinder. Mainly ignition misfire with raw fuel down the pipe. Some times it can take 10-20 times but most of the time it picks it right up. I only have trouble mainly with v6 cars for some reason. The trucks usually work 1st or 2nd time. Hope that helps.

If my description is inaccurate please feel free to elaborate.

Thanks

Comment

Working...