X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daytona dave
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
    I'm sorry you are confused.

Even if the car was imported from the US Market, it was reflashed in Africa and may have a software version in it that our scanner won't communicate with. So, the answer to whether 11.2, or any version made before or after that is "maybe", and I'm sorry if that confuses you.

Joe
    I'm not confused dude, do you sell scanners into Africa, do you sell scanners in the USA, if the answer is yes then you or snap on should know what is on the program its a very simple YES IT CAN OR NO IT CAN'T not maybe, it seems your the one that's confused.
    everybodys mad except me

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by daytona dave
      all you are doing is confusing folk with your may be's,
      Originally posted by daytona dave
      I'm not confused dude, it seems your the one that's confused.

I am DEFINITELY confused now!

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• autodiagservices
        • Jul 2011

A scanner made for vehicles in the US Market may/may not work on vehicles out of it. A Chevy pickup exported to South America will most likely have a different software version than one sold elsewhere.
        The problem is made worse when that Country doesn't have emission laws that govern what can be imported. A Chevy in South America could have come from China, UK, Canada, Mexico, and each one of those trucks would require a scanner with different software in it, except maybe for the Canadian one.

Joe
        I'm just giving him the facts. If I could guarantee 11.2 would fix it, I would, but it's a car in Africa and there are no guarantees.

Again. If Tech Support says that 11.2 supports System Version 857 then it probably does, but the car was reflashed in Africa...

well Joe, do you mean if a car leaves the US Market, its gone for dead?
        secondly, do you mean SNAP-ON DIAGNOSTICS has separate scanner for vehicles outside of the US Market? I really don't understand how you are rating the capability of the solus pro scanner with regards to the location of the vehicle.

you really need to liaise very well with your guys on technical grounds, and ask questions, so that you will not giving me answers with your opinion alone, there should be facts for your statements.

Most of the replacement parts we used on vehicles of American Origin are imported from the US, so as far as I am concerned nothings changes on the way the vehicles are maintained, nothing like reflashing ever done down here, we only replaced parts if the need be.

if you said, i need to upgrade to v11.2 to be able to program VIN on the said vehicle, I will not argue. I want to know if you have actually experienced this type of problem in a way, or there is anybody who can share their experience, I still need a technical answer on how I will need the newest version of the Solus Pro software (v11.2) before i can be able to program VIN into a 2007 model car, this assertion baffles me a lot.

Below are the errors on the new PCM:

P0633 - SKIM SECRET KEY NOT STORED IN PCM
        P0630 - VIN NOT PROGRAMMED IN PCM
        P1602 - PCM NOT PROGRAMMED

Can anybody really look closely on these errors and tell me if they are recorded because of the VIN not programmed into the new PCM? or there are other procedures to be performed?

pls all hep will be appreciated

BR
        Last edited by autodiagservices; 07-31-2011, 11:50 AM.
        autoDIAG Services
        for the LIFE of your CAR

Comment

• Orevin
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by autodiagservices
          ... whenever I tried to access the vehicle with the new PCM installed, I get the error below:
          'System Version not found in the database.
          Version Num: 857
          For Codes only: Continue'

On the alternative, I tried to access the vehicle with the old PCM, and on getting access, I replaced the old PCM with the new PCM, and then tried to READ VIN under the SYSTEM TEST menu, the scanner detected no VIN was programmed, and I was asked to input VIN, on entering the required VIN, after confirmation I get the error below:
          'An error occured
          1(0X1) #55 - (ManualMsg - DCX CAN READ'

BR

The PCM you bought has no calibration loaded. This explains the communication issues as well as the P1602. Find someone equipped for flashing the ECU and to deal with the immobilizer (SKIM) system. Your Solus Pro can program the VIN once the correct calibration is installed, but will not be able to perform the SKIM relearn.
          -Kai-
          Chicago, IL

Comment

• daytona dave
            • Jun 2011

I am DEFINITELY confused now!

Joe
            Well at least you have admitted you downfall.
            everybodys mad except me

Comment

• autodiagservices
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Orevin

The PCM you bought has no calibration loaded. This explains the communication issues as well as the P1602. Find someone equipped for flashing the ECU and to deal with the immobilizer (SKIM) system. Your Solus Pro can program the VIN once the correct calibration is installed, but will not be able to perform the SKIM relearn.
              hello,
              Orevin has actually been able to shed more light on snap on corporate nonsense I think. this was actually what i wanted to know all these days.

regards mates
              autoDIAG Services
              for the LIFE of your CAR

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Can anybody really look closely on these errors and tell me if they are recorded because of the VIN not programmed into the new PCM? or there are other procedures to be performed?

pls all hep will be appreciated

BR
                This is a critical piece on information. Am I mistaken or didn't you say in another thread that this car had been reprogrammed at a Dealer already? If you want help, the least you can do is provide trouble code info before you become upset with the people trying to help you.
                "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                Henry Ford

Comment

• autodiagservices
                  • Jul 2011

hello,

you had actually not taken time to read the post very well, you are my first point of contact even from ETHOS Scanner question. because you did not give me the right answers, that was why i put up another thread here. Infact you made me buy the solus pro, hoping its going to solve my problem now i think what I actually need is a chrysler star scan and not a snap on.

well, no problem. you have admitted you are confused, thats why you are able to confuse me.

anyway, i am thanking everybody for their contribution.

i have seen that the best tool to work on any vehicle model is actually the OEM for that particular vehicle.

regards mates
                  autoDIAG Services
                  for the LIFE of your CAR

Comment

Working...