Diesel pump failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mechmanuk
    • May 2011

dont think we have anything here to do that test, i know the pump & injectors are good, the focus was running fine.
    Are we 100% the pump doesnt have to be programmed? i thought i read somewhere that some early models did?

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

youre first post says its a tdci...are you certain.
      the only way the pump will need coding is if its a tddi.. which if youre mechanic managed to code the injectors then it should be a tdci but was he sure??
      can you post the reg or engine code just to double check.

Comment

• mechmanuk
        • May 2011

hi m8, sorry i havent replied earlier or been around but works been really busy
        Anyways my mechanics no longer with me so i sent the van to a local garage who said they could sort it but with no joy, they say there reprogramming the injectors (yes it is the tdci) but the ecu doesnt seem to hold the codes or somat along them lines, there could be a fault with the ecu they reckon?
        so I sent the ecu to ecu testing who rang me today to tell me that they cant test it because of the software thats on the ecu? so are sending it back to me.
        So im no further in front and now i cant get the ecu tested to see if it is that thats faulty so a dilemma, do i look for a secondhand one just to try or do i ebay the van and try getting some money back?

Comment

Working...