X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
    I just put B+ in a reply with no problem. Are you doing it in replies or in a new post?
    I did some more testing. It lets me put a "+" in a reply but if I go back and edit the reply, the pluses disappear.

Any issues like this with other characters?
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• maven
      • Mar 2014

I did some more testing. It lets me put a "+" in a reply but if I go back and edit the reply, the pluses disappear.

Any issues like this with other characters?
      Not that Ive noticed.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Spellcheck

I think I would just let it go and try to type in B pos. or B neg. Just abstain from use all caps otherwise BPOS. could be taken out of context to mean Big Piece Of Sh@t.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

"spelchek" still driving me nuts

This has got to be the most frustratingpart of creating a Help "Question".

Today, I edited a post I created on a 2001 BMW X5 (which will probably get one or two replies).

The spell checker kept giving me errors when I tried "add to dictionary". Finally, I just clecked "Ignore" to get this post cleaned up.

20140820-0720-1.jpg

20140820-0720-2.jpg

20140820-0720-3.jpg

20140820-0720-4.jpg

20140820-0721-1.jpg

Frustrating! After 2 years, how could this still be an issue?

Low priority?

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

Interesting that correct spelling is even a concern at all for this site. Where are the priorities? Is it intended to help technicians with automotive issues, or try to make a person pass a spelling bee? I can understand how one may become dissuaded to even ask for help, or one to offer help.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
              This has got to be the most frustratingpart of creating a Help "Question".

Today, I edited a post I created on a 2001 BMW X5 (which will probably get one or two replies).

The spell checker kept giving me errors when I tried "add to dictionary". Finally, I just clecked "Ignore" to get this post cleaned up.

Frustrating! After 2 years, how could this still be an issue?

Low priority?

Thanks, Bob

I ran the spell check on the same post and was able to add to the dictionary without error. I will try it from my Verus when I get into the office.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Spelchek....

This is the first time I have seen these errors. Try it on your Verus or Verus Pro. It did not do it until I was well into my post.

Like Stacey stated, the "spelchek" seems to be a hindrance. I almost gave up on that post out of frustration.

"Add to dictionary" is great but slows down my posting. Each time you "Ignore" it, has to be "ignored" each time you edit the post. Things like VIN#'s etc...

So far at least I got one response. My iATN mirror post done a little later has gotten 4 replies.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2014

I tried it on my Verus Pro and didn't get an error message. I was able to add several words to the dictionary without problem.

I even tried spellchecking your question and didn't have a problem. Let me know if it continues.

I'm trying to get them to ignore words with numbers in the spell check. This would eliminate most of the problems users are having.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                    • Nov 2007

I tried it on my Verus Pro and didn't get an error message. I was able to add several words to the dictionary without problem.

I even tried spellchecking your question and didn't have a problem. Let me know if it continues.

I'm trying to get them to ignore words with numbers in the spell check. This would eliminate most of the problems users are having.
                    Don't forget plural words, I have the most problems with those words.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
                      Don't forget plural words, I have the most problems with those words.
                      Yes, I'm working on that as well.

Comment

• Scott 79
                        • Mar 2014

Luckily spell check has not been that much of a hindrance to me, other than what has been stated, plurals, codes, etc... I do want to say that if I have to read a question more than 3 times to understand what they are asking, I usually skip it. I probably ramble on too much on some of mine.. seems I do have more text than most, LOL!!!

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Spell check is STILL ABYSMAL

It didn't like the words cracked, sooner and options.....
                          REALLY-????????

So I watch the little red pinwheel go round and round.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2014

I've moved your post as I want to keep all posts related to the spell check in one place. I'm still trying to fix this spelling problem. This is the plurals and participle issue.

Comment

• Legocd
                              • Jan 2012

Spell check

Originally posted by Crusty
                              If it picks up what it thinks is 7 errors and there really is only one, I'd like to just stick a piece of dynamite in it and blow past it...
                              As for the Auto-Correct on my cell phone....I really have to figure out how to turn THAT feature OFF...it's wrong more than it's right...
                              Are we really going to go to jail for a dangling participle-??
                              I have been a good speller all my life and find that most of the spell check programs I use do not know how to spell.

This one really doesn't work to be blunt.

Comment

• Crusty
                                • Dec 2007

It really is laughable that Snap-On's own website doesn't like the name of a Snap-On scanner that has been around for over a decade-!!

No I'm not going to "add to dictionary".....why bother-!!

I've already spent time "editing" the picture size....LMAO
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...