Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
    I tried it on an old Android tablet I have using the firefox browser and I could see the button but it didn't do anything. I tried two different browsers on my phone which is pretty new.

As for the text size on a phone. Not much I can do there as the site wasn't designed for Mobile Use. You can always Pinch and Zoom to get it larger. Had to do that on my phone just to log in.
    Yes it's small on the cell phone but it's more of a PITA on a normal computer....thst's what Ive been saying all along.
    The cell phone is easy to just pinch but the post text size versus the response area text size are DIFFERENT and it's too small in the response box.
    The cell phone isnt thd issue
    The text sizes should be the same so when you want to either read or respond you dont have to keep changing your view on the computer
    DIFFERENT FONT SIZES.....WHY....

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
      Administrator
      • Jan 2014

Ok, thought you were talking about the cell phone.

I'll take a look at the styling of the various areas.
      SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
        It's hard to quote number of users on any forum. I know that iATN says they have 80,000 active users but what does that mean? Just like there are 14,000 users here, are they all posting on a regular basis? No. SureTrack has over 32,000 registered users but I couldn't say how many of those are active on a regular basis. It is growing every day.

I also know that you experienced members get frustrated with the new people and a lot of the simplistic problems they ask about or how they ask their questions. Keep in mind that many of these people have never used a forum before. And I don't know if it's lack of experience or training that causes them to ask for the silver bullet without doing any of their own testing.

All we can do is to keep trying to help those we can.
        14000 here and 80000 on IATN but the 32000 on Ask-A-Tech surprises me.
        Sure....there are a lot, the majority in fact, who never ever post. I would bet the majority don't even visit the sites.

As for helping others.....we simply can not do their work for them, even if we tried.
        If it's "silver bullets" they want, just go the Zoo get the code go to IdentaGUESS and toss parts to their hearts desire but dont yell for help and expect everyone else to do the research when parts tossing fails to correct the problem

Comment

Working...