X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

vaux crusie control plug & play ?

Hi all, been asked the following:
    You seemingly can by a 'CRUSIE CONTROL STALK/SWITCH' and simply plug into car an it works but on some model you have to take your vaux to the dealer to plug in an tell the ecu it has been fitted.......

Has any one come across this.... the car is :
    Vaux Zafira vxr - 2.0 turbo, 56 plate, eng: z20leh, vin:W0L0AHM756.......

My query, if you have found this, can the snap on range of equipment set this up, im using the s'pro 10.4 (glorified code reader, as i getting no where with SO training on its systems and kit, i received a cert only last week for a seminar i paid for but could not attend... which said i passed , more break down with the SO group !)
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

update - from SO uk cheers , my machine should be able to do it, just need to wait till the switch arrives, fit it and see if it needs programming, to which i have been advised on what steps to follow.

Will report back either way to say wether the switch was plug an play or a successfull code to the car.
    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

i will be shocked if the snappy does allow the coding of the cruise unit..from memory it needs to be programmed through 3 modules...BCM, ENGINE ECU and IPC??
      knowing snapon..all you may get is the usual read/erase codes and live data.lol

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Well, with printed instructions, my work colleague arrived here, plugged the machine in, true to their direction programming was available BUT i stoped - not wanting to demobilse the car as he's on holiday this week and off to cornwall next week and not wanting to mess it up for him.

S'Pro asked for a security code - sent a email off to SO, to confirm what i have and if it is the correct code to put in at screen shot 3. Once i get the reply i will get the car back, like to get sorted in next coule days.

The wording on shot 4 made me stop and wait for a SO reply.
        Attached Files
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

the security code you are trying to enter, is it from the pass card supplied with the vehicle from vauxhall or are you asking for the code from snapon?

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by markt
            the security code you are trying to enter, is it from the pass card supplied with the vehicle from vauxhall or are you asking for the code from snapon?
            HI mark, as i was unsure, i have mailed SO what i have and if they confirm yes it is the code off the security card then i will continue, done very little in function tests and applications on my machine (3 yrs owned now), there's tests there that i wouldnt know what to do with or know what they do.
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
              • Nov 2010

MarkT is right Andy, it's the vehicles immobiliser code which you'll find on the Car Pass card.

Regards

Matt

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

update

UPDATE so far, switch fitted ( new genuine dealer item), i work with the dad (dad = techy) of the son who owns the car, the switch fitted, followed procedure supplied, then off for road test - didnt work, plugged back in - CRUSIE CONTROL - PRESENT.

So couple of issues: 1st the lad is gona experiment running his car incase the switch only works on speeds higher than 50mph etc and get back to me if he finds the speed at which it comes active at.

2nd is that the new dealer supplied unit may be faulty ? so i have told him, as the s'pro says recognises crusie control present, i doubt there any more i can do so he may have to go to the dealer and see whats happening etc, will keep you up todate as and when i know.
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

andy.
                  did you check/ program in the other modules i suggested just incase you need to adapt it in to them aswell?

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

hi Mark, must admit no, just followed SO directions, so need to see if he available toplay again before the weekend,will have a look through ENG and IPC ( whats IPC )
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                      • Apr 2011

IPC is the instrument cluster..it should be in the configuration settings to activate or if it has been done...not sure how far the snappy will go into it

Comment

• markt
                        • Apr 2011

just got a message from a mate from vauxhall and you need to do it in eng ecu..cim module ( steering ecu ) and instrument cluster.

Comment

• andybaz
                          • Apr 2009

'some models you also have to go into Instrument Panel and Engine ECU and change their configs to show Cruise control is present.

If this is the case with your Zafira, You will not be able to do this with your Solus Pro.'

Just had the zafira round - no option for special functions in INSTRUMENT or ENGINE ecu's....

Well there you go, another let down unfortunatley, thank you to the SO representitives for your investigation and comments
                          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                            • Nov 2010

Any time Andrew, just sorry would couldn't do it!

All the Best

Matt

Comment

Working...