X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

10.4 - 11.2 & customer service comments SO HO UK

Emails sent to SO UK HO.

You may think this is unfare posting on a friday night, where it can not be questioned, so being fare -'where is the support i have asked for from day 1?'

1-
    Date:25/04/2011 10:22
    To: Diagnostics_support@snapon.com
    10.4 & 11.2 s/w info list

Good morning.
    I have question,concern, i am about to consider upgrading from 10.4
    to 11.2 for my SOLUS PRO.

My request: How do i obtain a FULL FUNCTION LIST
    catalogue for the software so i know whats on the machine ?

For example, if some one contacts me asking can i do, i have to say
    'Dont know' untill i plug in, so how do i get a FULL FUNCTION LIST with
    software upgrades.

Look forwards to your positive immediate reply.

Unanswered to date 13.05.2011 - NO RESPONSE

2-customer assistance, previous mails not answered hence mailing you all.
    Date:05/05/2011 18:17
    To: 7 recipicents.

Dear sirs,madam;
    To the relevent depart, i have asked many questions which have gone
    unanswered since i took out a 2yr finance to buy a SO Diagnostic tool
    and finance to buy the SW upgrade.

These have now finished, and as i guessed, as i have had no response as
    i am no longer a current finance client, although i am a SO customer,
    and may have been marked as a possible problem nusiance customer asking
    questions and mailing all for a response.

I have also emailed the DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT side for assistance and yes
    NO REPLY, email sent 25/04/11, i am now expecting you to reply with,
    the department is a busy department or the department was closed during
    this period for the EASTER BREAK, and the R'Wedding causing a lack of
    staffing levels.

I am considering a couple of things - baring inmind a lack of customer
    laison/support.

1-I have seen a very simple flyer for the latest update 11.2, looks all
    nice and pretty, quote'Over 1,700 new functional actuator and system
    test'. This is 1 area that has never been answerd, and as a purchasing
    customer, i dont see any reason why i can not have the infomation,
    having signed up to a £600 update subscription. So thats 1,700 plus the
    other 2,500 items possible.

2-Training - again NEVER answered

3-Today have received the latest A4 May 1st ed. promotion leaflet,
    wanders wether these are proof read, with 30 seconds of scanning
    through a obvious mistake - i wander what your thoughts and reply will
    be to that 1 ?

4-The purchase of a second machine.

All though the above points are minor and you will probably think i am
    an idiot, especially the promo flyer, i ask questions, i am your
    customer and they go unanswered,so should i continue to spend my hard
    earned cash with the SO GROUP,so i hope you can understand why i keep
    contacting the SO UK group.

Do i have to come to kings lynn an wait in reception to be seen, and
    take away with me that day the info i have been asking for, or simply
    be told you cant supply it all that day i arrive.

I will await replys to this email and monitor the usually delete unread
    markers that are returned from the SO group.

As per the 1st email, again UNASNWERED as of todate 13.05.2011.

I have now just probably shot my self in the foot, and as I stated here, ‘I am possibly a problem customer’, please bare in mind I just paid you £2k plus a £600 upgrade, plus having to pay extra for the keys to use the upgrade.

Email no.3 : solus pro 10.4 failed communication 2001 ford
    Date:08/05/2011 17:12

Hello Simon,
    Attached is the SO failed report form, will try again next weekend or
    earlier if possible.

Views appreaited.
    Regards Andrew

Please bare inmind this is an offical SO problem report form I have forwarded, this was then forwarded by Simon to 5 SO representitves.

His email reads:
    Gents,

Will you please help the below customer?

Thanks
    Simon

Again unanswered todate : 13.05.2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So there you have it, poor contact, lack of assistance,poor customer service, purchase of equipment and left ‘hi and dry’.
    As you may have gathered, I have had no reply’s, only confirmation of my emails being opened, not necessarily read, and also a confirmation of email deleted without being read.
    I some how think, that as I have complained many times, I am classed as a nuisance client and am simply being ignored.
    If I cant have answers or the info which goes with what I purchase, why should I upgrade, with this concern now on this web site for all to read, I am fully expecting to be totally blanked.

Simon has always been my 1st point of contact for support via email while still paying finance and his service has been exceptional, thank you for all you support simon.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Hello Simon, we feel your pain. Here are some links to some of what your are asking. Hope this helps.

11.2 aplication guide that will list vehicles and systems supported =

Training videos about your tool =
    S. Breland

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Oh, I just realized your in the UK, I guess your vehicle market is different, so this application guide may not apply to you. I also did some searching for Snappy UK support, and I agree with you, it seems scarce. Even the Snapon UK website does not seem to function correctly.
      Last edited by sbreland73; 05-13-2011, 01:39 PM.
      S. Breland

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sbreland73
        Hello Simon, we feel your pain. Here are some links to some of what your are asking. Hope this helps.

11.2 aplication guide that will list vehicles and systems supported =

Training videos about your tool =
        http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/u...ns/Courses.htm

Thank you for your comments, im Andrew, Simon is the guy who has been most helpfull within the SO group to me.
        The 11.2 bundle which is available outside the UK, yep, you guessed, is totally different to UK specs, but i thank you for your comments.

These are legitimate emails and concerns and i am hoping that no forum moderators remove, my only regret is deleting the 20+ email copies last year along with all the email return markers saying 'deleted unread'.

Do you buy a £15,000 plus car and get a hand book telling you exactly whats what ?, i think yes you do, correct me if im wrong.
        So i buy a £2k diagnostic machine and get what ???????
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
          • Nov 2010

Hello Andrew, sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Firstly, I have noticed the email address you are sending your initial correspondence to is the email for US. Although the majority of UK emails do get forwarded to us on product support, some unfortunately 'slip the net'.

May I suggest any emails you send in the future are directed to Diagnosticsukproductsupport@snapon.com or you can PM me directly if preferred.

Secondly, the issue with the Galaxy not communicating was indeed forwarded to myself and my Colleges on 11/5/2011 and is currently under investigation by our engineering department. Did you try ID'ing vehicle as a VW Sharran of the same age and engine code?

For any No Communication, Undocumented Codes or Product Issues, may I also suggest contacting the Product Support Team on 0845 6066512 for a quicker response compared to the emails.

Once again, I sorry to hear about the poor response you appear to have had and the offer of the PDF version of 11.2 Application Guide still stands (as per PM sent on 26/4/2011)

Hope this helps

Regards, Matt

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Hello Matt and all;
            I have a list of approximately 8 SO UK email address, and my mail goes there, my machine is my own personel machine and is used outside work hours, so i do not expect any telephone assistance, unless ringing during the day at work.
            As i email SO UK and i get return markers from different names, i simply add them to my list of SO UK contacts and email all when i have a question/concern, due to frustration of no contact.
            I know this is US based site and i now that the US sometimes email UK, as i have been informed via a US SO gent on here.
            Ref the galaxy query, the car is FORD badged and was not to know that is could be read as a VW SHARRON, seemingly it is also based on a nissan ? ALHERA something i am lead to believe. So you can use VW codes to repair FORDS.
            Again this all boils down to questions that go unanswered. Also the forward of my report being tittled ' will you please help the customer' pushes home the feeling of, now the purchase finance is finished the support disappears until i sign up again.
            At the end of the day, i am a simple dealership technician, i ask questions, they dont get answered, i no longer know where to turn for advise an help, hence simply email all at SO UK and see what response comes back, imsure you can gather what i receive hence this post on here.
            Ref to the application guide which comes free with the upgrades 10.2, 10.4, 11.2 an so on, if this is what you have to offer and i appreaite your time is the same based materail, this does not answer or rectify what i am trying to obtain.
            I thank you for taking the time to read this post and respond. I praise the machine where praise is due and same goes for staff help aswell.

Regard Andrew
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
              • Nov 2010

Hello Andy

Just for your information, the Ford Galaxy 1995-2006 is actually a VAG model, commissioned to Ford. They share alot, but not all, of the engines and they are also the same as a Seat Alhambra, but no connection to Nissan!

It is indeed a PDF version of the Application Guide the dealers hand out I was offering, but in the future please feel free to copy me in on any Product or software questions you may have and I'll do my upmost to answer them quickly.

I'll send you my email address.

Regards
              Last edited by Matt@KLPS; 05-17-2011, 01:14 AM. Reason: Should have paid more attention in English classes!!

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by andybaz
                Emails sent to SO UK HO.

You may think this is unfare posting on a friday night, where it can not be questioned, so being fare -'where is the support i have asked for from day 1?'

1-
                Date:25/04/2011 10:22
                To: Diagnostics_support@snapon.com
                10.4 & 11.2 s/w info list

Good morning.
                I have question,concern, i am about to consider upgrading from 10.4
                to 11.2 for my SOLUS PRO.

My request: How do i obtain a FULL FUNCTION LIST
                catalogue for the software so i know whats on the machine ?

For example, if some one contacts me asking can i do, i have to say
                'Dont know' untill i plug in, so how do i get a FULL FUNCTION LIST with
                software upgrades.

Look forwards to your positive immediate reply.

Unanswered to date 13.05.2011 - NO RESPONSE

2-customer assistance, previous mails not answered hence mailing you all.
                Date:05/05/2011 18:17
                To: 7 recipicents.

Dear sirs,madam;
                To the relevent depart, i have asked many questions which have gone
                unanswered since i took out a 2yr finance to buy a SO Diagnostic tool
                and finance to buy the SW upgrade.

These have now finished, and as i guessed, as i have had no response as
                i am no longer a current finance client, although i am a SO customer,
                and may have been marked as a possible problem nusiance customer asking
                questions and mailing all for a response.

I have also emailed the DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT side for assistance and yes
                NO REPLY, email sent 25/04/11, i am now expecting you to reply with,
                the department is a busy department or the department was closed during
                this period for the EASTER BREAK, and the R'Wedding causing a lack of
                staffing levels.

I am considering a couple of things - baring inmind a lack of customer
                laison/support.

1-I have seen a very simple flyer for the latest update 11.2, looks all
                nice and pretty, quote'Over 1,700 new functional actuator and system
                test'. This is 1 area that has never been answerd, and as a purchasing
                customer, i dont see any reason why i can not have the infomation,
                having signed up to a £600 update subscription. So thats 1,700 plus the
                other 2,500 items possible.

2-Training - again NEVER answered

3-Today have received the latest A4 May 1st ed. promotion leaflet,
                wanders wether these are proof read, with 30 seconds of scanning
                through a obvious mistake - i wander what your thoughts and reply will
                be to that 1 ?

4-The purchase of a second machine.

All though the above points are minor and you will probably think i am
                an idiot, especially the promo flyer, i ask questions, i am your
                customer and they go unanswered,so should i continue to spend my hard
                earned cash with the SO GROUP,so i hope you can understand why i keep
                contacting the SO UK group.

Do i have to come to kings lynn an wait in reception to be seen, and
                take away with me that day the info i have been asking for, or simply
                be told you cant supply it all that day i arrive.

I will await replys to this email and monitor the usually delete unread
                markers that are returned from the SO group.

As per the 1st email, again UNASNWERED as of todate 13.05.2011.

I have now just probably shot my self in the foot, and as I stated here, ‘I am possibly a problem customer’, please bare in mind I just paid you £2k plus a £600 upgrade, plus having to pay extra for the keys to use the upgrade.

Email no.3 : solus pro 10.4 failed communication 2001 ford
                Date:08/05/2011 17:12

Hello Simon,
                Attached is the SO failed report form, will try again next weekend or
                earlier if possible.

Views appreaited.
                Regards Andrew

Please bare inmind this is an offical SO problem report form I have forwarded, this was then forwarded by Simon to 5 SO representitves.

His email reads:
                Gents,

Will you please help the below customer?

Thanks
                Simon

Again unanswered todate : 13.05.2011
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                So there you have it, poor contact, lack of assistance,poor customer service, purchase of equipment and left ‘hi and dry’.
                As you may have gathered, I have had no reply’s, only confirmation of my emails being opened, not necessarily read, and also a confirmation of email deleted without being read.
                I some how think, that as I have complained many times, I am classed as a nuisance client and am simply being ignored.
                If I cant have answers or the info which goes with what I purchase, why should I upgrade, with this concern now on this web site for all to read, I am fully expecting to be totally blanked.

Simon has always been my 1st point of contact for support via email while still paying finance and his service has been exceptional, thank you for all you support simon.
                Hey Andy-!!
                I AGREE WITH YOU-!!

I too, am a "nuisance client". I EXPECT my hefty purchases to FUNCTION PROPERLY AND AS ADVERTISED-!!

I understand that things are not perfect and errors can happen BUT, when problems are brought to SnapOn's attention, they should be dealt with, NOT swept under the rug.

I am just as frustrated as you are and I never asked the equipment to blow my nose or wash the dishes.....just do what it was supposed to do, as we were promised.

I don't "facebook" but someone was pee'd off enough to make it very public about the high end Verus and Verdict which is where all of SnapOn's attention is these days.

While my Solus-Pro and Vantage-Pro didn't cost the 10g's a Verus costs, they kicked the bejeezus out of 8-grand.....but my tools arn't their "flagship" machines so us lowly Solus-Pro owners get pushed WAAAAAAY down the importance list.

Comment

• Jay G.
                  Administrator
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Crusty
                  Hey Andy-!!
                  I AGREE WITH YOU-!!

I too, am a "nuisance client". I EXPECT my hefty purchases to FUNCTION PROPERLY AND AS ADVERTISED-!!

I understand that things are not perfect and errors can happen BUT, when problems are brought to SnapOn's attention, they should be dealt with, NOT swept under the rug.

I am just as frustrated as you are and I never asked the equipment to blow my nose or wash the dishes.....just do what it was supposed to do, as we were promised.

I don't "facebook" but someone was pee'd off enough to make it very public about the high end Verus and Verdict which is where all of SnapOn's attention is these days.

While my Solus-Pro and Vantage-Pro didn't cost the 10g's a Verus costs, they kicked the bejeezus out of 8-grand.....but my tools arn't their "flagship" machines so us lowly Solus-Pro owners get pushed WAAAAAAY down the importance list.
                  Crusty,
                  I disagree with your comment that we don't care about the Solus Pro owners. We do care about all of our scan tool owners and most of the time you

Jay

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
                    Crusty,
                    I disagree with your comment that we don't care about the Solus Pro owners. We do care about all of our scan tool owners and most of the time you

Jay
                    Hi Jay
                    I didn't say YOU didn't care, us solus-Pro owners just take a back seat to the Verus owners....typical of the "corporate culture". Kinda like the guy with the Caddi gets all the attention when the Chevy owner gets to walk to work while the Caddi owner get chauferred.
                    YOU are a rare one at SO, and you only care about me when I'm not being a nuisance....LOL
                    THANKS for your help. I wish there were more of your kind.

Comment

• andybaz
                      • Apr 2009

no reply todate 19.05.2011

Well there you go, over the past 2 years while paying finance, poor service an i had been patient all the way, cant get any farer than that, may be i should have paid £££ to have my emails answered.

So today date 19.05.2011 and NO REPLY to my concerns from SO HO UK.

And they ask for me to sign up to another subscription upgrade, i am also monitoring 2 other emails, so will see what come of them before they go up here for all to see again, this email may include the 1st names of the people sent to, showing wether they opened or deleted without being read.

Simply receieving my email and opening it doesnt mean that it was actually read, simply open, then delete, then i receive a marker saying that my email was opened and read.

This tells me i am PROBLEM CUSTOMER or the CUSTOMER SERVICE in the UK is not worth talking about.

Bought the product, left hi and dry.
                      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                        • Apr 2009

Well, i recieved a phone call from J.W the manager from SO UK FINANCE asking me to ring, due to phone restrictions nat work, i rang when home and left a message, i am no longer a finance client at present so a bit curious as to why he wanted to contact me over the finance.

Another email has gone to SO HO UK requesting contact, just waiting on reply, if the reply is not forth coming, again it will go up here for all to see.
                        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                          • Apr 2009

Todate 25.05.2011 - neither of the 2 emails have been answered, yes including the 1 sent 25.04.2011, not even a comment about it.

So whats going on, wanders why SO dont answer questions ?....................

I would have thought by emailng nearly 15 different people within the SO UK group, someone would sit up an say hold on, whats going on, like i have said in the past, yes emails can be opened, doesnt mean it has been read though.
                          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                            • Apr 2009

28.05.2011 and still no reply.

Debating wether to put here my last email and who it was sent to for all to see, they have been informed we have phone restrictions in my place of work, hence contact via emails, problem with emails is: they get opened and not necessarily read, then simply deleted, i magine SO UK are simply ignoring.
                            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                              • Apr 2009

UPDATE !
                              The below email was sent to SO UK 07.06.2011 and yet again uncommented on ! Thats 15 email address's, surely a manager would stand up an ask whats going on? may be not, sit back and ignore, after all they are not paid to communicate ?? ...

Good morning,
                              To clarify:
                              Emails sent, as we have restricted phone facility at work.

email sent: 25/04/2011 - NO REPLY
                              email sent: 05/05/2011 - NO REPLY
                              email sent: 13/05 2011 - No return comments
                              email sent: 23/05/2011 - NO return comments
                              email sent: 30/05/2011 - NO return comments.

Email replie's are what i have been waiting for with answers to my
                              concern questions, also means im not paying phone charges ontop of high
                              upgrade costs for negative cant do replies if phoning.

As per last email, no one actioned or commented, i presume then that my
                              mail simply gets opened and deleted. I do get a resposne from Ms.(name withheld), who forwards to who she believes should receive any appropriate emails she opens, again thank you to Mr.(name withheld) for all your help in the past.

Regards Mr A Barraclough

Dealership tech

ATA approved Tech

GLORIFIED SO code reader owner
                              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...