10.4 - 11.2 & customer service comments SO HO UK

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

erm... 11.4 is out and has been for some time? and now there is a revised version 11.4.4 ?

Do you mean 11.2 has been out for a while and 11.4 is due shortly ?

I know its frowned upon, crossing the border to buy from another SO dealer, not sure how else one would go about buying SO products.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

oh dear..me old grey matter went a bit wonky there.lol or a bit of wishful thinking,haha

Comment

• andybaz
        • Apr 2009

11.4 - this belongs here aswell.

So is 11.4 out yet do we know ?, not had any news or notice of it out, i could have been on a subscription where i get the UPGRADES accordingly, but no dealer means SO gains an i lose out.

Seen as i no longer get the support for my machine ? but SO do like us to tell them of errors and how to correct it, ie supply them genuine dealer info to assist them to correct their error.

And no support for the SO tools (spanners/sockets etc) product, as we no longer have a dealer/rep,must be a easy 4 months nows, starting a 5th month, i have nothing to lose by pushing once again for answers.

Wanders why SO dont stand up or even sit down an listern.

Just reading back to Daytona's Dave input of FREE UPDATE for a year, thinking about this, SO dont do updates they only do UPGRADES. I spose a UPDATE could be the ERRORS that SO SELL TO US as a repair patch ? just a view... other organisations do these repair patch upgrade/dates etc as they find them, many times a day or month and their machines can then de corrected on a regular basis, also including training, yes their package may be a little dearer or even the SAME PRICE, but the corrections are there, you DO NOT have to buy a socalled upgrade each year hoping the problem has been cured.

Last edited by andybaz; 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM.
        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

yes..11.4 is out now, just got ours updated on friday,the only main new manufacturer is Smart but a lot of other additions to the rest,not had chance to sit down and look at the book yet to see exactly what they are .

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Cheers for that.. its out, good job im not on subs, possible never would have got the upgrade !
            So you have upgraded and not updated, 1 manufacturer added (not even a english manufacturer ), i spose very limited facility for this make.
            Did you have to buy a EXTRA key again to be able to use this upgrade ? - dont see why we should have to pay these costs !

My next step is to ponder wether to take my machine (glorified code reader) or post it to SO HO UK to get it upgraded , obviously reading the promo flyer to see what SO are pushing before proceding.

I have rattled a few emails to SO HO UK to get answers but as you can guess...... a very poor response, i get more response from the sales department i think it was, with numerous other people simply deleting without reading - you would have thought they would have opened it and asked whats going on.. but no, just delete.

So i am fully aware that i am possible marked as a nusiance 'muppet' customer.

Cheers for letting us know 11.4 is out Mark
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
              • Apr 2009

My dealer, when i started looking into the market for diag tools,said dont buy LAUNCH, dont by Bosch etc, systems lock out after 12 months, and back up is poor, SO is a well know group, established and sang their praises, so what happened i wander .......

Attending a tool meeting tuesday night... BOSCH will be present , from what i understand, BOSCH machines do time out ? and then the machine is simply a expensive multimeter ? so this would make me want to pay for subscriptions, unlike the SO service i currently receive, so i have my questions and concerns ready for the meeting.
              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                • Apr 2011

Hi Andy
                launch machines dont timebomb and subs are very reasonable..
                bosch are timebased..depending on which machine you go for and package. you can get a one time software package but am not sure of the exact procedure for updating afterwards?? a bosch rep will shed more light on this if you get to chat with one...just dont go for the 200 model..its a bit poo.lol
                the money you will pay for the bosch will be better spent on a x431 personally..luckily we have both and work nice alongside each other.
                DEC SCAN would be another well worthy addition if funds will stretch..again..various packages available for ur pocket
                if you can be patient and fancy a launch the new x431GDS will be out soon and after having a play with one i cannot wait till theyre ready to buy

Comment

• Foden
                  • Mar 2011

launch gds

markt just a quick question wont linger on it as its SO forums lol
                  the launch i see in videos it has browser with explorer icon would i take it it runs a microsoft windows operating system m8?

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

Going tonight to ask some questions and found out coverage and back up support etc, they having usually nock down prices for the night only, but i do not plan on getting SUCKED IN like SNAP ON did, thank you for the pointers Mark
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                      • Apr 2011

Andy..
                      good luck and enjoy.

Foden..
                      i think it is windows based...didnt get too indepth on that side of it.lol

Comment

• andybaz
                        • Apr 2009

Still no signs of a snappy dealer, will have to mail SO HO for a latest sw release flyer 11.4 to see whats on offer.
                        The tool evening went well - BOSCH was there : bit to much for me although they do offer a training scheme like day release progressing from 1 stage to thee next.
                        Carmen was there, reasonably priced and also BLUE PRINT with their machine which is dedicated jap cars etc, and if you get a import in, this machine is ideal, any one own a BLUE PRINT Machine, updates a lot cheaper, complete with telephone support and a 3 yr warranty on the kit unlike the 12months with SO.

So its crunch time, spend my cash with SO or BLUE PRINT or even CARMEN for that matter, not forgetting launch as well.
                        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...