X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daytona dave
    • Jun 2011

2005 Tigra no 4 injector shutting down

Hi i wondered if anyone has any info on the above problem
    car is 2005 vauxhall tigra 1.4 engine code z14xep it came in the other day with a misfire after 30sec to 1 min of being started plugged on and got p0304, went for plug first no fix, had a spare coil pack stuck it on no fix, got v.pro out and stuck scope on no 4 injector start car and ran sweet & perfect inj pattern, after about 30sec started to miss and inj had lost pattern, checked for supply all present and correct tried it 3 or 4 times and got the same thing after about 30sec ecu switches of no 4 inj.I was very busy at time and it was a local car sales and needed asap so took car to mate of mate of a mate car came back with in a day fixed but top secret of fix. its being bugging me ever since.Has any one come across this problem or know of the fix all i know is there were no parts involved as the bill was labour only.....
    everybodys mad except me
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

these are really common for earth failures inside the ecu so dont be surprised if the fault comes back or other things start to go wrong
    usually the injector drops offline due to its driver circuit failing or contact pin/track failure, unless hes managed to open it open and re-solder a joint it may come back,hopefully its a permanent repair

Comment

• IDT7
      • Dec 2009

This model year and engine code (if it was ME 762 There was service recall for software updates related to your problem.
      "One or more, but never all misfire failure code (P0300/1/2/3 or P0304) stored in ECU. Only vehicles as of MY 05 (introduction of new EMS-system ME 762) might be affected"
      Check TIS2000

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

these hybrid type ecu's are common across the vauxhall range and are rarely cured after software update..its just a last resort to try before replacement

Comment

• daytona dave
          • Jun 2011

Hi thanks for the input, the car sales guy rang today sold car over weekend and took for mot to day so i will have car tomorrow and have a good look around and plug on to get ecu info and check for codes,when i had it in before i ran it with crecorder and have since run data, just before ecu shuts no4 inj off lambda goes full lean then 30sec later inj switches off??
          bring back points & carbs, i had a 47 Hudson super six in the other day set it up on the old bear, ran as sweet as a nut co 2.5, hc 243 lambda 1.018 and all with out a dL-16 in sight, AH---heaven
          everybodys mad except me

Comment

• IDT7
            • Dec 2009

Just wondered if ECU detects missfire and than shuts dow injector for safety,You know something else causing missfire like sticky valve,comprerssion loss etc.

Comment

• daytona dave
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by IDT7
              Just wondered if ECU detects misfire and then shutsdown injector for safety,You know something else causing misfire like sticky valve,compression loss etc.
              apparently so,just being speaking to a vauxhall tech today and the ecu is programed to shut down inj when it detects a misfire so the problem was else where, he thinks there is a bulletin out about tigra misfire he's going to check and get back to me.
              everybodys mad except me

Comment

• markt
                • Apr 2011

The control unit recognises the malfunction of the circuit via an internal evaluation logic.
                The fuel reserve is too low.
                Mechanical fault in the high pressure section
                (leakage, blockage, compression loss)
                Effect:

The malfunction indication is switched on.
                Concerned Terminals:
                -
                Work Order Description Nominal Value

Check the following component for proper operation:
                Fuel pressure
                Spark plugs
                Spark plug connectors
                A40 Ignition Coil - Direct Ignition
                Engine-compression
                Check ripped V-belt (tension and wear)
                Perform visual check of all exhaust related components for completeness, leakage and damage.
                Check vacuum hoses for splits, kinks, leaks and proper connections.

Test okay?

Defective component:
                A84B Control Unit - Motronic

Important:

Reset concerned control unit (engine or immobiliser control unit) with diagnostic tester before replacing. Select immobiliser in the diagnostic tester and call up the corresponding test in the menu ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS. Ensure that both control units are never reset and replaced at the same time.

taken from TIS info.
                beware if sending the ecu off for repair as we have used a couple of places who couldnt repair them and tried to blame mechanical faults...BOLLO##S
                injector switch off due to msfire or other results in it being kept off till next engine start or fault checked/cleared.

Comment

• daytona dave
                  • Jun 2011

Hi thanks for the replies will have to get a copy of tis,
                  Just had a phone call from trader who car belonged to the car was taken to the wizard in S.O.T,and there were defo no parts fitted only labour charge. I have got the wizards phone no at work somewhere. so will ring him and report back.
                  everybodys mad except me

Comment

• daytona dave
                    • Jun 2011

update,,,,,, managed to get hold of the wizard today and he confirmed markt's post from tis, so he rang in a favor from a mate of his at vauxhall and was told they were having problems with the swirl flaps in the inlet manifold they have a small holes that are prone to clogging up with the usual black death ingested from the egr this this sets up the protocol set out in markt's post, he was told to disconnect the egr connector and see if it ran ok which apart from the man light coming on it ran great, so he removed inlet,,,,it was blocked almost solid he cleaned it out refitted deleted codes and ran up to temp ;;;;;happy days no more misfire and ran sweet. Seems as they haven't learned much over the years when i started in the trade in 1975 we had a same problem on vivas with gunge blocking up the air filler and causing an over rich mixture.. only then no electronic c**p to mislead you... thanks for the post markt got tis coming fri.
                    Last edited by daytona dave; 07-06-2011, 01:59 PM.
                    everybodys mad except me

Comment

• markt
                      • Apr 2011

top job
                      modern **** nowadays...supposed to be better than the old stuff they replace.lol

Comment

• On Site Servicing
                        • Sep 2012

Had one of these today with the same fault and it turned out to be a snapped exhaust camshaft.

Comment

• Georgio
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by daytona dave
                          apparently so,just being speaking to a vauxhall tech today and the ecu is programed to shut down inj when it detects a misfire so the problem was else where, he thinks there is a bulletin out about tigra misfire he's going to check and get back to me.
                          All modern cars are that way - If it detects a misfires in a cylinder then the ECU will shut down the injector to protect the Cat and atmosphere from the unburnt fuel.

Compression, Cyl Leakage then scope injector and coil (Kv and amps) - which one drops off first ?

These also had issues with camshafts coming loose and snapping.

Comment

• paulthepilot
                            • Oct 2012

Lets start the "leave euro 5 in Europe " and bring back plugs,points,condenser,and carb campaign.

Comment

• markt
                              • Apr 2011

euro 5 .. another uneeded pile of regulations and **** fitted to cars

Comment

Working...