Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

vw polo 1.4 EPC & eml light

Hi folks, should have taken a sreen shot, was looking at a car last night, unable to get back to it for a short while, but she appears to be ruuning smooth at present.

The EPC light refers seemingly to the THROTTLE operation, and using 1 of the options in the vw programs i came across a pid screen with 4 lines of text & values.

I found with ign on eng off - throttle pedal to the floor the pedal voltages changed, BUT the 2 lines above were worded THROTTLE valve i think, these had values then when i fully pressed the throtte pedal, this value doesnt change, like i said, should have taken a screen shot, will do next time, we know there may be a map sensor problem (P0106) aswell, but curios to the throttle postion doesnt alter pedal movement according to the screenshot, may be it only shows on the screen when driving ? as the car is fly by wire etc, will reread this when im mobile again and update.

Also: code : 01314 engine control module no communication intermittent.

Any know of any common concerns for this code - clear, then recheck : gone, then pops back but does not activate any lights
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

not had many pedal problems with these but had a few for sticky throttle butterflies,faulty throttle units and at the worst..the ecu.
    this could explain youre comms fault you got,but, i would clean everything,try re-adapting the throttle valve and start from fresh to be sure after roadtest when the adaptions have been re-set.
    also have a look in any other modules for fault codes as there can sometimes be codes stored in them even though there may be nothing or very little stored in the engine ecu.

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Hi friend, went through loads of other systems hence finding other codes, the VW options is a maze an huge, the owner is checking the fitting of the map sensor that has been replaced, couple months back, then i will be popping back round, i will take some more screen shots of the throttle screen that got me confused and like everything else, experiment carefully
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

im not 100 percent but the voltages which you are seeing that wasnt changing MAY have been the min and max stored positions of the throttle butterfly.. cant remeber now.lol
        the setting for it is pretty straight forward in basic mode as its text driven rather than asking for a block number in expert mode.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Hi guys. Andy, in expert mode try groups 060-069. In particular, group 062 should be throttle angle 1 & 2 and pedal potentiometer 1 & 2.

Some relief from S.O.'s convoluted VAG software can be found here:

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Trindaddy
            Hi guys. Andy, in expert mode try groups 060-069. In particular, group 062 should be throttle angle 1 & 2 and pedal potentiometer 1 & 2.

Some relief from S.O.'s convoluted VAG software can be found here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/
            Thank you for your time and input, will brouse through, expert mode is something i having being staying well clear of, being totally honest, i have NO IDEA what i would be doing in that section, dont want to mess up a adaption ? etc and find myself in more of a mess and taking the car to VW to rectify my error then the actual problem of the car, stick to what i know really or feel safe using, there a guy on here, you know who you are, can fire questions at and ask for a little guidance, or say this is what im thinking then may be if wrong then young man will simply say but look at .... etc and then im off investigating again, if there was some form of catalogue ref guide for using EXPERT MODE, then maybe i would venture into it.
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
              • Apr 2011

we all need a little guidance.

i usually go to the ross-tech site if i get stuck for block numbers/channel numbers if im using a tool that needs them..normally i just plug the bosch system in as its text driven or use vcds.
              its also a good site for info on what you can do with the snappy in expert mode as it its generically the same as any other tool out there with vw coverage.

Comment

• Trindaddy
                • Jan 2010

Andy, there is no danger of doing harm while in expert mode and looking at block values. It is only VW's way of showing data stream 4 pids at a time. While some (most) VW/Audis have a vehicle specific data stream in a normal format some cars don't, leaving you in a pickle. I have written on this before and is one of my biggest peeves. S.O. reps have never commented...

Share with Snap-on Diagnostics, the additional features that you need or desire in our tools. What do the factory tools do that you absolutely need in your Snap-on tool.

Comment

• andybaz
                  • Apr 2009

Again, thank you for your input trindaddy, i will be having aview at the weekend when i have some free time then will hopefully get hold aof a vw to plug in and see, cheers again.

I understand where you are coming from about getting reply's from SO
                  Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• The Surgeon
                    • Mar 2012

Hi all.

Trindaddy is right, no harm can come of it.

I agree, there should be a pro that logs in regularly in order to offer Tech Support......

Baz, Have you spoken to your rep about getting a Techie to come and run through a proper demo for you on site?

It is an option that is sometimes available and I have found that Head Office is always happy to help out when they can.

Comment

Working...