Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

Immobilizer Learn

2017 Silverado lightning strike. All modules on the main GMLAN line have been replaced and programmed. All communicate fine, show data, and have the correct VIN written. My problem is when I try to program immobilizer with new ECM and BCM replaced, I get message FE0B No Communication With Identification Device. I dont know what its referring to and cant call GM because of salvage title and Im not using Windows 10. Any body understand this message?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Does the BCM communicate with the Immobilizer Control Module (LIN bus 11) ? Are there any other theft codes in any other modules.

Comment

• STURNER
      • Oct 2014

Sorry for the delay. There are no other theft codes I checked the theft module wires at the BCM. On the LIN line I am getting 12v back to the BCM. This is without the key in the ignition and with the key in the ignition. I checked a known good truck and the results are the same. Im using a vantage scope. I thought there would have to be a difference with or without the key. Im sure my testing method is flawed. Any ideas? I adjusted my time base on the scope and i get a short burst of communication when I turn the key on.
      Last edited by STURNER; 09-25-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• STURNER
        • Oct 2014

UPDATE Sometimes I have codes and sometimes not. I think I still have some Comm line Issues.

Comment

Working...