Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saulc1981
    • Jun 2019

Solus edge need to register error

My solus edge on 19.2.1 every time I try now to use the scanner or obd/eobd it says I need to register my software to use it. Now this is a replacement micro sd card that I received from Snap-On probably a month ago. And what weird is that it was working perfectly fine and then one moment to the next bam it gives me this error. Called snappy and guy try’s telling me that I have to send it in to get battery checked and some other load of b.s. Which I know its b.s. Cause when I got this replacement micro sd card the first rep tried to give me the same b.s. Then I called back talked to another rep and he sent me the new sd card no problem. Anyone know what the issue is or a number I can call where they aren’t acting like a freaking car dealership. 4000 dollar machine which doesn’t even outperform the other half that price and to still b.s. Me around with that b.s. Gotta be kidding me.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Check the time and date on your tool. The shop Solus here had the internal battery get knocked out of place ( of course no one here dropped it ) and the tool would come up with a similar error. Because there was no "keep alive" memory the time and date were way off.

Comment

• Ramigojag
      • Oct 2018

If you have a small asterix (*) next to the time in the top right corner, either your CMOS battery has come loose or died.

This can cause this problem.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ramigojag
        If you have a small asterix (*) next to the time in the top right corner, either your CMOS battery has come loose or died.

This can cause this problem.
        I have not opened one up to have a peek yet, but this sounds like the CMOS battery is not soldered in and can be easily replaced by a suitably competent user?

Comment

• Ramigojag
          • Oct 2018

They're not soldered in on the Solus edge, but I can't remember if their are any warranty stickers so if your's is still in warranty be careful opening it up

Comment

• saulc1981
            • Jun 2019

There is a warranty sticker underneath the battery and there is also a screw there that holds the back cover. So if u remove the sticker screwed with warranty but what does there warranty really cover i called they sent me a new sd card and it had worked then it starting giving an error that i needed to register my software and then after that i called snappy rep and they directed to that site where they access your computer and the files and then after that i started getting this update failed and clock not set. unless i access ultilities. really annoying. P.S. i went ahead and replaced the cmos battery and issue persist. snappy wanted to charge for a diag fee then battery and a cable the guy said from battery to mb. Thats b.s the cable is not a cable that needs replacement and the main battery is fine. but ill buy aftermarket than pay snappy there over priced fees.

Comment

• patpat
              • Apr 2020

Just being curious if you boot the unit with the WIFI disabled do you get the same message?

Comment

Working...