Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

GM Techline Connect

Has any one tried the new Gm Techline Connect for programming yet. I've downloaded the new program but will wait till this weekend before I try to flash anything. Did your laptop meet the minimum requirements of an I7 processor 100 GB of hard drive free space and 8 gigs of RAM. Seems these requirements might be required for the SI but maybe not so much if just using SPS. I always try to be prepared for the worst when trying something new like this.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Yes I've been using it.I bought a new laptop last year that exceeds their specs.Ive been intending to try my old laptop to see if it will work for just programing,but haven't had the time yet.
    You still have to login through TIS,the desktop shortcut must be for dealers.

Comment

• orlando
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Glide
      Yes I've been using it.I bought a new laptop last year that exceeds their specs.Ive been intending to try my old laptop to see if it will work for just programing,but haven't had the time yet.
      You still have to login through TIS,the desktop shortcut must be for dealers.
      is there a video available on how to install and set up techline connect? i wanna used my old log in information just so i do not loose previous VIN but it will not let me do it

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

After you log into AC DELCO TDS and get to the SPS link there will be a link to an 8 minute video. Once logged into TDS you should be able to open the Tech line connect SPS and get to your subscriptions without logging in again. So all your current vehicle subscriptions will still be available as long as you are using the same username that the vehicles were registered with.
        Last edited by greasybob; 09-23-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Yeah,like bob said,when you log in TDS with your username and password,all your subscriptions are still there.
          They must have added a video,and I see information about the desktop shortcut,that wasn't there when I set up.
          I had just went in to do a normal programing and had to download and set up unexpectedly.The same happened with Honda a couple weeks ago.Sucks when you are in a hurry.At least Ford keeps you updated even if you haven't used it in a while.

Comment

• ephratah service center
            • Oct 2007

fuel pump controller

I just used the new GM Techline Connect with a windows 7 computer and a Autel Elite J2534 to program a new fuel pump control module. Took a bit to figure the software out once I did the down load and how to select the correct VCI once I got that figured it went well.
            This is only the second vehicle I have flashed new to using the J Box and software and flashing vehicles.
            I learned a lot on this one and am all ways learning something.
            I did just purchase a renewed tough book with windows 10 Pro on it and am awaiting its arrival. I was thinking the widows 7 would not allow me to flash based on GM saying you need a windows 10 Pro operating system.
            I am going to dedicate the tough book to flashing and going to get a Pico in the near future and use the tough book for that as well.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Has anyone else noticed that GM SPS2 is not using up the available VIN Spot even though it is claiming to. The last few vehicles that I've flashed have been out in my history and the available VIN Spot has not expired. Not complaining !!
              Attached Files

Comment

• kebo1970
                • Nov 2008

vin slot numbers stay the same

this has happened to me too.

Comment

• orlando
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
                  Has anyone else noticed that GM SPS2 is not using up the available VIN Spot even though it is claiming to. The last few vehicles that I've flashed have been out in my history and the available VIN Spot has not expired. Not complaining !!
                  you are right Bob, I purchased a subscription about a week ago and I keep getting the message " 1 available slot", let's see how long it last.

Comment

Working...